The Boys Of Autumn Have Arrived

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I didn't think OVM watched football ...

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.
He doesn't and now I don't!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

What are you really gonna gain by boycotting? Come on Juju .... your boys are having a great game against the pack today!
It's a matter of principle...VP Pence walked out of a Colts game today whey the pulled that same stuff! I haven't burned my tee shirt yet, but Jerry Jones took a knee and I'm still disgusted!

I get it ... but are these guys really worth your angst!?

Pence pulled a stunt because Pappa Trump told him to. Is Pence really gonna start some movement of people leaving NFL games ... imo, not gonna happen. When Pence got up to leave, the people behind him were glad their view got better.

Jerry found a compromise .. they stood for the anthem didn't they? I'm sure he's gotten down on those knees for less scrupulous things .. ;)

Enjoy the game!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones has had it with anthem protests. Just how tired of it is he? Tired enough that Jones has now publicly said that if his team doesn’t respect the flag, they’re not going to play.
Jones was asked by Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, about two Cowboys players who raised their fists at the end of the anthem. Jones said he did not see the raised fists. But then, Jones made a definitive statement about how he wants to see his team to handle the anthem from now on.

According to Pro Football Talk, Jones said, “If there’s anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play. OK? Understand? If we are disrespecting the flag, then we won’t play. Period. Period.”

Jones continued, “We’re going to respect the flag, and I’m going to create the perception of it. And we have. I’m not aware and wouldn’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not aware of that. . . . We as a team are very much on the page together. We have made our expression that we’re together.”

The two Cowboys who raised their fists, Damontre Moore and David Irving, supposedly, weren’t on that same page.

The statement from Jones is the strongest from any owner yet. The NFL has a policy about paying respect to the anthem. Though, not necessarily a rule explicitly preventing kneeling. So, Jones is definitely going out on somewhat of a limb if he attempts to crackdown on future protesters.

When asked about Vice President Pence, who left the Colts game after taking exception to the 49ers staging a 23-player protest during the anthem, Jones seemed to support the Vice President: “I’m saying our vice president of the United States, if in his opinion there’s disrespect of the flag, then he should – he basically should — express himself however he wants to. He’s got rights, too, so however he wants to do it. He felt that not standing for the flag is disrespectful. I do, too. The league, in my mind, should absolutely take the rules we’ve got on the books and make sure that we do not give the perception that we’re disrespecting the flag.”

As mentioned before, the rules on the books don’t necessarily prohibit what the players are doing. As Pro Football Talk relays it: “The NFL’s game operations manual says “all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.””

The rule also states, “Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”’

In other words, the rule requires that all players be on the sideline for the anthem, but not that they stand.

Basically, Jerry Jones is saying all the right things, but is technically wrong on the details. Though, as a powerful owner of the league’s richest organization, he’s in a prime spot to go before his fellow owners, and Commissioner Roger Goodell, and get the rules changed.

Your move, Jerry.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Jemmelle Hill suspended for dissing Jerry Jones? Not fair! ESPN only gave her one warning and then held her accountable? And two whole weeks? I'm taking a knee to protest. Well only in spirit because if I take a knee I won't be able to get back up

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
d366aeb98eb2cbae673111b21004ac1f.jpg

Hmmm... lol

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd like to consume my sports, viewing or listening, without the politics! All this junk is getting in the way of, what should be, leisurely fun!

Within a year, the owners will have their way with the nfl players association. They'll put in place a rule that all players have to stand during the anthem ... just like the nba & such. They'll stand .... all of em.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You mean my boys aren’t doing so hot?
Ahhh, what does it matter ..? You're shunning "your boys" .. kicked em to the curb like an old rag doll Fall Sunday's gotta be different without some pigskin ..

Now the Giants on the other hand, look like a different team. See what happens when you remove the primadonna? Eli has never been able to put OBJ in his place. From what I read, they looked good today ..

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I personally haven't read anything that says to get rid of the anthem at games.
I'm glad I live in a small town that not only salutes the flag under the Friday night lights ... but also still says a prayer. Our daughter is a senior .. on the marching band. I don't get to attend enough games. But when I do .. it feels like I'm home.

My perspective on this whole thing is not about the anthem per se & more about the actors. I don't listen to famous jocks for moral guidance, financial guidance, relationship guidance ..... I don't idolize these guys. Kaepernick was fun to watch on the field & now he's an unemployed ex-nfl player. Nothing more & nothing less to me. The media on all sides has created most of this to watch the mob argue, fight & thus drive ratings.

Reactions: ntimevan