Texas State Attorney General Paxton Impeached

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Typical conservative arrogance, I AM right and everyone else IS wrong.
Individually more often than not but not always. Collectively far more often than not but not always. Not arrogance, just fact.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Paxton still has to be tried in the TX senate, and a guilty verdict may not be a slam dunk. It takes a two-thirds majority to remove him, and Republicans hold the majority. Will they follow the anti-Paxton trend and vote him out? If they don't, Phelan comes out as the loser in this deal. If they do, who does Gov Abbott appoint as a replacement?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This guy took bribes and cheated the people of Texas to the point where even his own party turned on him and he is being shafted????

Do you guys believe that Republicans that are in elected positions are free to commit crimes without being held accountable?

Wow just wow.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This guy took bribes and cheated the people of Texas to the point where even his own party turned on him and he is being shafted????

Do you guys believe that Republicans that are in elected positions are free to commit crimes without being held accountable?

Wow just wow.
There is no evidence of that.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Paxton still has to be tried in the TX senate, and a guilty verdict may not be a slam dunk. It takes a two-thirds majority to remove him, and Republicans hold the majority. Will they follow the anti-Paxton trend and vote him out? If they don't, Phelan comes out as the loser in this deal. If they do, who does Gov Abbott appoint as a replacement?
Good question, I wonder if there is anything in the Texas constitution that prevents Abbott from pulling a Tennessee and appointing him back to his position?

Reactions: Pilgrim

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If they didnt have proof, they would not have tried to impeach him. And that was his fellow Republicans by the way. But I get it, they are RINOs and are selling out......
“Fellow Republicans “ are actually Bushy anti MAGA.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the case has epically imploded. And are you asking me how Dems and Bushy Republicans that hate MAGA will vote? That’s some funychit.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Yes, the case has epically imploded. And are you asking me how Dems and Bushy Republicans that hate MAGA will vote? That’s some funychit.
I asked my question because I wanted to learn more about why you post what you post. I'd like to know if you actually believe what you post or if you post what you do for trolling purposes. In this case especially, where an outcome will soon be known, you are saying the case has imploded. And you are confirming that you believe it.

But now you are suggesting that even though the case has imploded, it wont matter, because Paxton will be impeached anyway. Is that correct?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I asked my question because I wanted to learn more about why you post what you post. I'd like to know if you actually believe what you post or if you post what you do for trolling purposes. In this case especially, where an outcome will soon be known, you are saying the case has imploded. And you are confirming that you believe it.

But now you are suggesting that even though the case has imploded, it wont matter, because Paxton will be impeached anyway. Is that correct?
It “may” not matter.
I post in here to provide information and opinions.
How about you?

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I post in here to provide information and opinions.
How about you?
Same.

Also, this forum gives me a convenient place to exchange and debate views with MAGA members, Trump supporters, conservatives and others. Face-to-face in our red county, where I am deeply involved in community affairs, an unspoken truce of sorts exists. In our city affairs, civic organizations, and businesses, people disagree on politics like you and I disagree here on EO. But in real life, we avoid the hot topics in the interests of getting things done, prospering in business, maintaining decency, and serving the greater good.

In our community, we drink the same water, share the same roads, rely on the same police force, preserve the same beach, struggle with the same homeless people, grieve the same fentanyl deaths, interact with the same immigrants, support the same schools, etc. At the community level we do what we do to improve our shared quality of life. Sadly, the higher we go in the political level, the more heated things become. EO gives me the ability to have an open debate on the "hot" issues, without degrading our real-world quality of life where I live and work.

To be sure, there are outspoken hotheads who speak out and shout out in public on the hot topics. These are fringe people who tend to show up in the public forum time of certain meetings and the occasional editorial in the newspaper. You can sometimes see them in costume on street corners when they decide to do that. Sometimes they run of office and they ALWAYS lose because they are well known but not well respected by the voters. They love the hot topics. They love putting down their opponents. But they never seem to figure out that in real life, at the local level where everyone shares community interests, decency, working with others instead of against them, and focusing on the common good, is the more effective strategy.

Finally, I enjoy participating here on EO because it gives me insights into the hearts and minds of MAGA and others. By interacting here, I can better understand the views of my real-life friends and neighbors who also wear red hats and fly FJB and Rambo-Trump flags outside their homes. And I can do that without the trouble of setting them off in an angry rage by asking why they do what they do.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They do what they do because they are more intelligent and comprehend more than those flying the Joe banners?

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just a prediction: The Dems and Bush Republicans will vote to convict regardless of the exculpatory evidence. Like other scurrilous votes, this will be done late tonight or early morning.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't understand the vitriol for MAGA. Many are hardworking blue collar who want a great economy with higher wages, low inflation and gas prices,secure borders, safe streets, staying out of foreign border disputes and funding them. People that are against MAGA for all of that must have some character deficiency.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I don't understand the vitriol for MAGA. Many are hardworking blue collar who want a great economy with higher wages, low inflation and gas prices,secure borders, safe streets, staying out of foreign border disputes and funding them. People that are against MAGA for all of that must have some character deficiency.
And he wonders why there is vitriol.