Texas 5 killer

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The democrats, through their wide-open borders, welcome him and he buys from one of the illegal street sellers the democrats, through their lax handling and prosecuting of criminals, see to it are readily available for criminals like him.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The democrats, through their wide-open borders, welcome him and he buys from one of the illegal street sellers the democrats, through their lax handling and prosecuting of criminals, see to it are readily available for criminals like him.
You mean through that secure southern border????

Reactions: LDB

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If I, a Texas non-resident, drove to Dallas to buy an AR-15, what are the requirements? Can I simply walk into a gun store or gun show and buy one by paying cash? Or are there things like background checks, waiting periods, ID, gun safety classes, and such required?

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's my understanding that TX gun laws are very similar to TN. All firearms dealers and legitimate gun show vendors have to run federal background checks which require government photo ID and proof of citizenship or green card.

This guy likely got his rifle from another criminal, or stole it, which are the ways most criminals get firearms. Keep in mind that illegal guns are just one of many dangerous items pouring across the border in addition to the invaders and the drugs. But the govt won't tell us about that stuff.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I, a Texas non-resident, drove to Dallas to buy an AR-15, what are the requirements? Can I simply walk into a gun store or gun show and buy one by paying cash? Or are there things like background checks, waiting periods, ID, gun safety classes, and such required?
I am not a lawyer. I am not an FFL holder. My comments are based on my understanding, subject to confirmation by appropriate individuals.

An out-of-state resident cannot legally buy a firearm from an individual in Texas. An exception may be possible if the sale is facilitated through an FFL holder and the gun ships to an FFL holder in the buyer's home state for background check and pickup. I believe that is national law but am not certain.

An out-of-state resident can purchase a long-gun from a Texas FFL dealer provided the buyer complies with all laws and regulations regarding the purchase in Texas and in addition complies with all laws and regulations regarding the purchase in their home state. IOW, if they are from a state with a law requiring restricted reduced-capacity magazines they cannot buy a rifle with a standard normal-capacity magazine we have here in Texas. If all rules and laws are met pertaining to both states and the buyer completes and passes a NICS federal background check and fills out the long-form 4473 federal form, all with proper identification, then he can buy the rifle/shotgun from the licensed dealer while here in Texas.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He should be hung at 5 p.m. Friday and left hanging there as an example until 8 a.m. Monday at which time a sanitation truck should back up and he be dumped in like the garbage he is. And yes, I do mean that. It's time to make it crystal clear we will no longer abide crimes by criminal aliens. And to facilitate we need to pass an amendment that mandates only legal, non-amnesty citizens are protected by the Constitution.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What we've been witnessing is the illegal relocation of a large portion of Central America into the United States. These 3rd world barbarians bring their culture with them, so we shouldn't be surprised when we see them killing each other. However, we have the same thing going on in our inner cities like Chicago and Baltimore, and nobody seems to care.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He should be hung at 5 p.m. Friday and left hanging there as an example until 8 a.m. Monday at which time a sanitation truck should back up and he be dumped in like the garbage he is. And yes, I do mean that. It's time to make it crystal clear we will no longer abide crimes by criminal aliens. And to facilitate we need to pass an amendment that mandates only legal, non-amnesty citizens are protected by the Constitution.
I agree, we need to bring back public executions, people would say that will be traumatic for people, kids especially, but it will make them think twice before they break the law.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What we've been witnessing is the illegal relocation of a large portion of Central America into the United States. These 3rd world barbarians bring their culture with them, so we shouldn't be surprised when we see them killing each other. However, we have the same thing going on in our inner cities like Chicago and Baltimore, and nobody seems to care.
What worse is that in El Salvador right now, there is a new person in charge and he is rounding up the gang members and putting them in prison. Which is a good thing but its also going to cause some of them to flee here too.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tucker Carlson said in one of his monologues (paraphrasing) that the endless caravans of illegal aliens are making America dirtier, poorer and more divided. Of course he was blasted by the mainstream media and liberals everywhere for speaking the obvious, but he was right. Third world countries are sending their criminals, miscreants and the dregs of their societies to the wide open Mexican border where the Biden administration will welcome them with open arms. The Cleveland, TX killer is a perfect example of what we get with this terrible policy. The new president in El Salvador is a serious leader and will not tolerate the cartels and drug gangs any more; he catches them and puts them in prison where they will stay for the rest of their lives - which won't be long. So you're right - they're coming to the USA where they can continue business as usual.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am not a lawyer. I am not an FFL holder. My comments are based on my understanding, subject to confirmation by appropriate individuals.

An out-of-state resident cannot legally buy a firearm from an individual in Texas. An exception may be possible if the sale is facilitated through an FFL holder and the gun ships to an FFL holder in the buyer's home state for background check and pickup. I believe that is national law but am not certain.

An out-of-state resident can purchase a long-gun from a Texas FFL dealer provided the buyer complies with all laws and regulations regarding the purchase in Texas and in addition complies with all laws and regulations regarding the purchase in their home state. IOW, if they are from a state with a law requiring restricted reduced-capacity magazines they cannot buy a rifle with a standard normal-capacity magazine we have here in Texas. If all rules and laws are met pertaining to both states and the buyer completes and passes a NICS federal background check and fills out the long-form 4473 federal form, all with proper identification, then he can buy the rifle/shotgun from the licensed dealer while here in Texas.
I guess this didn't provide the wanted outcome and information hence no response.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How does a 4 time deported illegal alien buy a ar-15?
Going back to the OP, the short answer to the question is "He Can't". There have been several revisions and changes to this form 4473 recently to address the residency issue, and question 21.m gets directly to the point: "Are you an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States?"

For those who like to pour over details of govt forms, the ATF link below explains these revisions and changes. It also provides an internal link to the form itself for those who've never filled one out or seen it. Many people would be amazed if they would just evaluate this document and think about the gun laws already in place that are not being enforced. There are also three questions/conditions that are addressed in this form that jump out to me:

21f. Are you a fugitive from justice?
21g. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
21h. Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

These are all yes/no questions. Answering "yes" to any of them automatically disqualifies the prospective purchaser and the dealer from proceeding with the sale. As a side note, question 21g is the one that Hunter Biden got busted for. I guess he forgot that this is a legal affidavit.