Team with van

vpoe

Expert Expediter
Looks like I am not the only person looking into the van aspect of this. I am retired Navy looking to supplement. I have driven straight non CDL in local delivery and do like driving one. I would like to move as many miles in a van (knowing some weeks will be small) then on down the line move up to a D. Teams are the way to go for miles in a staright truck. Now question is :7 What do you think of team in a van? In the Navy I have slept in tight corners before. :D

Be safe out there

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What about your partner?Is she/he willing to live like a sailor?If so go for it.We teamed in a van for a couple of years before moving up to a "C" unit.It was sure a good way to get our feet wet and decide if this business was for us.You Will need to budget a few motels now and then to retain some of your sanity.I dont know what co you plan to go with.Fedex C.C. will Dispatch team vans on runs upto 1100 mi.Anything longer would prob.go to a C or D.

vpoe

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the info. You are right about budgeting for hotel now and then. Want to smell nice sometimes when dropping a load. :) I know a JB Hunt O/O he is ex Navy so he knows tight spaces also.