team wanted mabye

bfelgersr

Seasoned Expediter
thinking about buying a straight truck and will be looking for a team that has no problem running out for 2-4 weeks at a time are there any HARD workin DEPENDABLE teams out there who might be interrested in this?

truckrnnr

Seasoned Expediter
Let me know if you find a team. I'll make you a great deal on my straight truck. ( I parked mine after Christmas,........and I don't miss it even a little!)

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
thinking about buying a straight truck and will be looking for a team that has no problem running out for 2-4 weeks at a time are there any HARD workin DEPENDABLE teams out there who might be interrested in this?
Alright please don't take this the wrong way and maybe you will thank me one day.
No team worth its salt will sign with you without a momentary lapse of reason.
Not because your a bad person but because of the economy.
Please don't be angry for my blunt response but it would be asinine in today's climate to think you could buy a truck and build wealth on the backs of a couple of newbs.
I have seen it happen too many times when this business was great.
Better to drive the truck yourself (worst case scenario) or put those big bucks in something that will yield a positive return on your money (best case scenario).
The "Oracle" Warren said it best..
When people get greedy I get scared
When people get scared I get greedy.
Do yourself a favor and research the archives as you have stumbled on the greatest resource for Expedite trends and info.
I have 4 years with one of the best fleet owners in the business and I assure you we have a regular coming to Jesus meeting to insure we will be around at the turnaround.
Feel free to PM as I will be glad to share or answer any questions.
Mike

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree , the only reason there are sorta somewhat good deals on trucks right now is that all the dealers are flooded with the ones that came in on trade ins, that are maxed out on their odometers, or the owners got in too late, and lost their shirts, and what your seeing are all the repos. Drive for yourself for awhile, buy one truck if you have too, but be sure you can turn it into a motorhome afterwards, and that the payment won't sink you when you sit for 3 weeks waiting for a load, or you get 3 weeks running chicken feed loads cause the company knows your a newbie, and your scared to tun anything down, so you run 3000 miles for .39@ mile, or less. These are scary times for all people, not just expediters.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Do yourself a favor,if this is what your really thinking about,find yourself a successful owner,and drive with him or her,not by yourself,solo,or with one of their drivers,but with the boss.Pick his brain for about a year,so you will find out why they are successful,and then decide what your going to do.Just finding a hard running team,this will put you in the poor house.Expedite isnt about running 6000 miles a week,it involves hurry up and wait,get to the receiver,just to find out he wasnt in that big of a hurry,or wait til the next load comes along.This will take the sails out the hardest runner.Expedite is a great business to get into,the economy is playing havock right now,but there is still money to be made.The newbies will be jumping from one company to another,and loosing their trucks,you will see many on here complaining,but all in all,watch your P's and Q's, its still the best part of the transportation industry

Last edited:

bfelgersr

Seasoned Expediter
i was an owner op back in 2001 for 2 years i ran the truck myself but for family reasons had to get out,now i would like to get back in but not as a driver