Team Miles?

tnt1271

Seasoned Expediter
We have been driving for a little over a year and have not expierenced this time of year. I just wanted to know if the fact that we are only ave. 2000 miles a week is ok. I know this is the slow period but is this the norm

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
Let me start by saying welcome to the world of expedite.... As for your question about the miles during the "slow" time of the year in expedite I think 2000 is better than some have mentioned unfortunately. Although I do not have alot of teams with my company I was looking at one of them today and for January they were at about 10,000 which is about 2500 a week give or take a mile or two. Hang in there though, come March and into April you will be much busier.
I am not sure how many would agree with me but suprisingly enough so far 2008 has been pretty decent so far... Hope I didn't just jinx us..

tnt1271

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for your reply. It sets my mind at ease a little. We started driving this time last year, and we were with panther but they kept us in and out of canada alot. We are now with tristate we get the same amount of miles so far but less runs. With panther we did more runs but like I said with the same amount of miles. So I guess less runs same miles isnt so bad. But I would rather have more runs more miles lol. Can't have everything.

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
Well, I cannot speak for other carriers besides in saying right now as you know is a slower part of the year. As far as how each carrier handles that time of year if what sets them apart. This time of year is time to be pro-active and find the freight, as I mentioned earlier the team that I have that has about 11,000 for the month, that is for 9 travel orders but there were a couple short runs and then the most recent took them to the west coast. I do hope that things will turn around for ya for sure...

abcwine

Expert Expediter
tnt1271,
You shouldn't be too concerned just yet...2,000 miles/wk is ok for now, but keep in mind that your miles should start slowly increasing as the days pass. January and February are known for being a little slower, but keep in mind, you are entitled to some long runs to get your miles up. Our fleet consists of about 80% teams. The reason for that is we primarily do long haul stuff. February and March are right around the corner, so hopefully things will pick up a little for you.

Good Luck,

ABC

tnt1271

Seasoned Expediter
ABC just wanted to say thanks. Things have been slowly picking up and this week we have gotten about 3500 miles yeah!!!!!!! I just hope things keep going this well:cool:

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Glad to hear....just don't spend it all at once....Make sure you save some for that rainy day.

ABC

groinster

Seasoned Expediter
ABC just wanted to say thanks. Things have been slowly picking up and this week we have gotten about 3500 miles yeah!!!!!!! I just hope things keep going this well:cool:

Lucky dogs...we would have had a good run to Sacremento....but it canceled twice. Once on friday, because of a mix-up, then again on Monday, because the shipper didn't think we would make it on time. They were giving us 53 hours to get to Stockton from Indy! We could walk there in 53 hours...lol. What a crock. Joyce and I are glad that you two are doing well. You know...2000 miles a week is pretty good for this time of year.