Team Drivers with Express-1

coppertone

Active Expediter
I was wondering how teams are doing with Express-1. My husband and I are getting back into the business. We went to the Expo and decided to give it another try with a great owner we have known for awhile. They will be adding a few more trucks here shortly and we will be signing on then.We plan on living in the truck and staying with family when we take time off. We can save more money that way and maybe eventually buy our own truck. Any info. you can give me about how well you're doing (hopefully well!) with loads/miles, etc. would be appreciated!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I recently changed carriers and Express-1 was among the options considered. While we chose to sign on with Landstar Express America, we were impressed with the openness Express-1 showed in answering our questions.

Ask your Express-1 recruiter the pay and miles questions you are asking here. Ask for real numbers from real trucks. We did and our questions were nicely answered. The company gave out no personally identifiable information, just performance numbers.

Note that in order for you to produce whatever good numbers the company will show you, you must operate under the same contract and do what the top-producing drivers are doing.

When looking at any company, ask, what are the winners doing and how are they doing it?