Supposed non force dispatch.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
No...I would get paid for dispatcher error....I'd get my pound of flesh from his/her hide....LOL

But I do see your point....no problem

I worked in the office for a company that had a "dispatcher error" account out of which drivers were paid in such circumstances. The dispatcher would sometimes intentionally create a fake run to get an annoying driver out of the office. When he was about half-way there, he'd cancel it. He said he'd rather pay the driver to go away than sit there and listen to him whine.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I worked in the office for a company that had a "dispatcher error" account out of which drivers were paid in such circumstances. The dispatcher would sometimes intentionally create a fake run to get an annoying driver out of the office. When he was about half-way there, he'd cancel it. He said he'd rather pay the driver to go away than sit there and listen to him whine.

That's cruel. I did something not quite similar once. I had a van in TX and I wasn't winning any bids, so I posted a fake load on Sylectus, just to see what people were bidding. Everyone who bid got an email back saying that the load was already covered, but it gave me a good idea where folks were bidding in that area. I had the guy move.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Give the guy a phony load to get him out of the office,then screw him by cancelling it. Gee, I can't imagine why he'd have anything to whine about,working for such a straight-up operation.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Give the guy a phony load to get him out of the office,then screw him by cancelling it. Gee, I can't imagine why he'd have anything to whine about,working for such a straight-up operation.

Well, he did get paid, and he only moved a few miles.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Well, he did get paid, and he only moved a few miles. The funny thing was that this driver would be standing there, annoying the dispatcher, who's going "Uh-huh, yeah..." and all the while typing in the fake run that only exists to get him out of the office.
for some reason, i'm getting the "this message is too short" error when it isn't.

outandbout

Active Expediter
Basically, all you have to do in this situation if you are a cargo van contractor is remain unemotional, calm, and professional as you always have. At the next pause, scream back.... Hey, I know my rate is .88cpm, but that is only for the loads that I accept from your .88cpm bottom feeding dufus 'no 1099 issued' poindexter self, good sir. Excuse me, one of my carrier's is calling me now, Bye... click! Then, in the future, only do business with vendors that you are comfortable doing business with.