Supercross season kicks off this weekend

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In today's USA Today sports section, supercross gets a story about the start of the season at the Rogers Centre in Toronto. Coverage is usually limited to results or a brief 6 or 7 sentence race report. I don't think the Motocross of Nations victory was even reported. This will be the third year in Toronto, with the roster of top riders improving each year. The article features Ricky Carmichael and James Stewart talking about their preparation and hopes for the season. Ricky also talks about his day with Mark Martin, testing at a track in Florida.

Note to dispatch: I wouldn't mind delivering in Toronto Saturday morning.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chad Reed spent the off season in his home country, Australia. He went home to "find himself" after a disappointing '06 season and amid rumors of a troubled marriage. It may have worked. Reed took the top spot on the podium, an encouraging start for the Factory Yamaha supported L&M Racing Team.

Check out www.racerxill.com for a complete report.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Things settled down a bit in Vancouver and returned to business as usual. The podium was Carmichael, Stewart and Reed, with Reed being a few clicks off the pace. Stewart led most of the race, with Carmichael staying about a second behind and patiently waiting for a mistake to take advantage of. It paid off with several laps to go. They now take a break until after the first of the year and the first Anahiem race.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
Ricky is not doing the full season is he? I know he is going nascar racing and starting with some ARCA stuff and maybe trucks this year. I can't remember if he is doing full or partial supercross season.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ricky's not doing the full season. There's been some speculation that he may change his mind at the last minute and do the whole Supercross series, but that appears to be unlikely. I'd like to see him do all the outdoor races. Wouldn't another perfect season be awesome?

Check out espn.com for an article about his switch to NASCAR.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I follow Nascar more than I ever have now that I have XM in the truck so I have heard a ggod bit of talk about his coming there. I still woods ride and keep up with the dirt scene as much as I can.