Canada Suggestion for Expeditersonline.ca

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi all,

This probably should have been posted in the Web support forum, however I decided to post it here since I would like to solicit opinions on the Canadian version of the website and having the seperate forums.

First of all congrats to Lawrence and staff for getting the Canadian version up and running. Love the Canadian based Carrier recruiting ads and Canadian news and info.

Lawrence,

As my join date will attest to, I have been a long time lurker in the original
expeditersonline.com website. Even though I don't post alot, I do like being part of the "collective".

Along with the 2012 expo, I know Expeditersonline.ca is another of your ongoing top priorities.

In the interest of generating more traffic, and hopefully getting It off the ground quicker, I would like to suggest that we integrate the same EO forums on the new .ca site.

While I'm sure that being the good ol' Canadian boy that you are, that you would want at least equal success for the maple leaf version that you have had with the original version, I do however, think it might be better served to keep the original forums on the new website as opposed to trying to generate seperate forum traffic for the Canadian based version, especially since there is so little activity in this current Canadian Expediters forum on the original EO.

As a lifetime Ontarian (to date anyway), I would gladly log in to the .ca version as I'm sure most of the other Canucks on here would do as well, to view the Canadian Carrier recruiting ads and news/info, provided we could still converse here.

I do not like to have to log into two seperate sites.

As it is now, I check the .ca site momentairily, to see if anything new is posted, and then come here to log in and troll through the forums.

As I said, even though I don't post a lot, I do not like being disconnected from the collective (insert Borg smiley here:), or I guess in this case segregated.:D

Even though I know you secretly designed the .ca site for us elitist Canucks;), I would still like to occaisionally converse with them there proles from the original EO.:p

Anyways, Lawrence, I know this is totally none of my business, but I thought I would throw it out there and see what your thoughts are about it and maybe what some of the other Canadian expediters think, and if you would even entertain the thought of having a poll on it?

I would really like to see the .ca version succeed but I have no time to troll through two websites! I would gladly log in to the .ca one though if I had a single username/password for both sites, but could still have the Canadian content come up.

Maybe your way ahead of me on this, maybe your goal in the future is to be able to do just that, log into either site and then select your region from there to view the appropriately targeted content?

Anyways, I'll shut up now, but as I said I would really like to see the Canadian version succeed and get off the ground quickly.

Wouldn't having instant forum traffic by integrating the original EO forums on the new .ca site accomplish just that by improving hit counts?

Best of luck!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
roadeyes....it IS absolutely your business.....The forums are here for YOU as a member..for YOUR enjoyment,for YOUR education....I assure YOU....YOUR input will be taken seriously....Than you for your ideas....
BTW..I like it......Ken aka OVM a fellow Canuck...:)