Strange insurance question. What's your opinion. My front wheel fell off

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
So here's the scoop guys.
I hit a huge pothole right before this happened. The mechanics told me that might have been the cause of the seal and bearing breaking in a relatively short time.
Insurance came out and said that basically they will not cover the bearing itself since you could look at it as mechanical issue. However whatever got damaged from truck hitting the road gets fully covered. After all. The bearing and labor is around a 100-150 bucks. Total cost of repair was over 2500 so minus deductible I'm getting it paid for.
Also I forgot to mention that this bearing had 15k miles on it.

Please provide more info on the damage done, i.e. what broke, the spindle's axle?,or did the bearings give out causing the wheel and bearing races to ride over and off the nut? Was the nut still intact on the axle that was still intact on the spindle?

This is disturbing to think this could happen. Obviously a pot hole should not cause a wheel to fall off in theory. Catistrophic mechanical failure occurred somehow. Please provide details. I do recall a recall (redundant) on the M2 school bus axles sometime ago, wheel nut problem. My '07 went back together with Stemco locking nuts when I installed micro blue up front.