Straight truck SOLO

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Straight truck solo with TRiSTate!
We are very very slow.:(
The last 2-3 weeks was terrible!How are other companies with Straight truck solo?Ex.Fedex,Panther,Express one?Thank you for your feed-backs!

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Pretty good,

Not bad,

I can't complain,

Actually everyone is just about the same.

Stay put. Learn the system. Keep good notes. Know where to sit. You'll do fine.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
I have a solo straight truck on with TRI-STATE who's doing well. Just like all expedite companies, getting loads depends on many factors, such as where you're at, the dimensions of your vehicle, etc. Don't give up and try not to get discouraged.......we all have slow weeks from time to time.

twinpopusa

Seasoned Expediter
Do any expedite companies allow unlimited-length loads for solo straight trucks anymore? Or they all around 600 miles or so due to logging

moose

Veteran Expediter
It will depend
some of the long expedite loads simply have enough time for a solo to take that break enrout .
for example ,some of the loads are in an expedite truck ,for no rezone but the shipper will pay more ,just dont get his freight mix at the same truck together with other LTL freight...
yet receiving office dont open till Mon. morning...
my carrier will ofer me a load , and it will up to me to make demm shore i have the logs to Del.
at time i will decline, at times the shipper will then work the load into my logs .and at times i will decline a long load if i dont have the log.
it depend.
many O/O are forced to reduce safety over revenue ,I for once ,will not run a load if i dont have the log.

Moose.