straight talk

ladnbri

Seasoned Expediter
Is anyone using straight talk,if so how is the coverage over the road? I have noticed it advertised for $45 a month unlimited talk,text and web.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Depends on which phone you get. Some use the AT&T network, and some use Verizon. You will get better over all coverage on Verizon.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

aileron

Expert Expediter
The phones that have a 'c' at the end of their names are on Verizon, and the ones with a 'g' are on at@t.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Do not expect to have the same coverage as someone on Verizon or AT&T though, you are paying less for a reason. You will be using their networks but you will not have all the access to towers that their customers do.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Do not expect to have the same coverage as someone on Verizon or AT&T though, you are paying less for a reason. You will be using their networks but you will not have all the access to towers that their customers do.

Have to disagree. They piggy back on all the various networks. I had pre pay for years, 1st Trac Phone, then Net 10, then Straight Talk. I let my daughter talk me into getting a phone on her account, with Verizon. Was a mistake. I had way better coverage with ST. My basis for comparison is W. Virginia. Only once did I not have a signal, and was well into the boonies. With Verizon, I drive most of I-77 from the NC line to Charleston without a signal.

Verizon has been poor enough, and a hassle enough, that I'm going to pay the penalties and drop them a year early.

Going back to ST this week.

Just my dime's worth :)

willgreg21

Seasoned Expediter
My wife and I use Straight Talk and Verizon phones. The Verizon phones (CDMA) are almost useless for business as they frequently have low signal or no signal. We use a Straight Talk GSM (AT&T) for business. It receives a signal everywhere we have been in the U.S., and we have never missed a call from our dispatchers.

Try the Straight Talk service, I think you will be happy. But be sure to choose a phone with a model number that ends with a "G" (G for "GSM). Like I said before, we have found Verizon (and other CDMA phones) to be almost completely useless for business.