Sterling L9500

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Looking for any information on a Sterling L9500. I may get one if the price is right with the new Cat C-9L engine and perhaps with a Aero Bullet 68" factory sleeper. Hope to save money over a Bentz 72" and realize this is strictly a dollar decision. I know there are a few of these and Acterra's out there. Can anyone comment on their experience with a Sterling? I am looking for info on dealers, repairs, costs, and whatever? Not interested in the MB 900- too small displacement in my opinion for 48 state use. Thanks

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Haven't heard from you in a while! That big Sterling is a Class 8 truck, and would be big step above the Acterra in my opinion. Of course Sterling is Freightliner, with all the same Freightliner aspects- no they are not Peterbilt 359's, but they are decent trucks that get the job done at minimal cost per mile.
-Weave-

Dervish

Expert Expediter
New on the net and looking for a truck. Hope to work with someone Jan, Feb, and March then buy a straight unit. If you hear of a L9500 please let me know.

Dervish

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just got a price lately for a L8500 Sterling 113" BBC and set-back front axle of 49" (great). Longer cab means some compromises with sleeper or box. Equipped with a 335hsp/1050 torque Cat C9, 9 spd O.D. trans, Cab-air system, and not bare bones. Same as L9500- Have to make some adjustments to spec, and all hinges on sale of my truck to individual. To all interested parties: dealers still seem to offer low prices for used equipment, good or otherwise; like the market still is flooded with units (NOT). However, the initial price quoted was $56,000 without sleeper and body, which I found surprising...