STAY AWAY FROM GTE WIRELESS!!!!

G

I have owned three cell phones in three different states:
In Calif. from 81 to 88; Denver from 92 to 95 and now in Northern illinois.

The first two were ATT/Cellular One plans which were analog and before the time that they allotted us to go without roaming
fees, etc. This present one is hooked up with GTE because of the fact that it was a basic freebis to call from out of state, was
very attractive AND ATT doesn't have service in my area. But was I a dope!! GTE sucks and you should tell everyone you
care about along with those you detest, that GTE service stinks. I have recently been down I-55 through Miss. and Lousianna
into New orleans; down I-76 out of Ohio to York, Pa.; And down and across I-65 in Indiana & over to Frankfort, Ky.
In Ky., La, Ms, southern Oh. and Pa. not only could I not GET a call - I couldn't even log on to their goofy system and when I
followed GTE's instructions to do so, their 'system' ran me right back to the same "Which way do you want to pay for this call"
prompt that the call started with in the first place!!

Expediters.........ARE YOU LISTENING?? Stay away from GTE Wireless!!!!!
If you have to use the address of a long lost relative or nasty X-wife to get service (ATT says you can use a PO box if you "live
in your truck' (haha!!) to establish service!!........but stay away from these call missing bastards!!

In the past 24 hours (IF I would have had another truck) I have 'lost' over $1000 in business because of the customers inability to reach me or because I was unable to get logged on to the GTE system. Their 'follow me roaming' is a farce and unlike AT&T, it makes you do a manual log-on every time you get into a different area! Like we actually KNOW when we cross over into another area!!!

Any questions? Email me anytime.

G

I agree....GTE and Sprint really have bogus claims to being "Nationwide and Roam Free" service. AT&T is the only true nationwide, roam-free, digital service. It Rocks!

The X

G

I have GTE wireless service and I wouldn't change for anything because I was having the same problem that you are talking about with ATT wireless service GTE does not give me any problem I don't miss any calls if I'm in an area with no service my voice mail will steel recive the call or caller ID so I don't know what the problem is but I had more problems with ATT than GTE sorry for the disagrement but that is what I have seen

G

GTE has some spots that don't work, you're right. But, most places work great if you have a good signal. If you get it from GTE in Florence, Ky., there is no service contract and no activation charge. But, you have to have a billing address in No. KY or Cincinnati area. Try it for one month, if you don't like it you can get all your money back! See Heather and tell her Wayne sent you!

G

You are right. I had a friend who got the GTE service and he got a bill for $200.00 on calls that were suppose to be covered in the "One rate" plan. He contacted GTE and was told that these calls werent cover under his nationwide one rate plan so he is stuck paying for his one rate plan and being charged a second time for calls that were suppose to be covered...

G

I can't get AT@T in Indiana. Best phone service i can find is Sprint. $50.00 for 500 minutes. Just don't use on roam. I rely on nation wide pager and pay phones. It's a bad deal but best i've found. Sprint phone does have good "BIG" city coverage. But claims of nationwide coverage are a scam!!!

G

It seems to me that the de-regulation of the telephone industry in the USA has resulted in a marked deterioration in service. I travel in both Canada and the USA every week in my B-van, and I am amazed at the condition of public telephones in America.

The problems range from no dial tone, to vandalised equipment, to being unable to hear because some one has removed the handset microphone. My company has a 1-888 number that is supposed to be free from any phone in all of North America, but on occassion, I have run into small, local phone companies that try to collect a " surcharge " to connect me.

As for cellular service, I wish you folks had a true national long distance company, like Bell Canada, or Cantel. These two companies are required by Canadian law to serve all parts of our vast country, and I know that the service will be there when I need it.

While we are talking about telephone service, why is it that you people have no telephone booths? In the middle of a driving rain storm, what a relief it would be to have a SHELTER from the weather, which would also have a LIGHT in it!! And a working telephone in it. Next time you are in Canada, check out the public telephones, in the booth, with the light over head, with the ability to accept calling cards thru the swipe port, and the computer connection, and the amplified handset for those who are hard of hearing, and the over 20 predialled local services you can call for free, like a taxi, a car rental, a florist, a hotel, a airline reservation. Also notice that if the phone booth is located on the property of, say a McDonalds, the phone booth has McDonald's logos on it, and the staff from NcDonald's clean it every 4 hours, just like the rest of the parking lot. Yes, there is an other world, right next door, it's called Canada, the country that works.

G

Jimmy - Canada reminds me of Europe. Not New England. Right? Also, How come they dont pave the berm too and mow the median? Just wondering....GTE wireless still sucks. : P

G

The PRIMECO that I'm using here in Florida isn't that much better.

It's basically good for main corridor <down interstates> travel.

If I go through the center of Florida on one of the state roads,
I lose coverage. I lose coverage with this phone in downtown Orlando.

This phone has a voicemail option.. Good thing, because sometimes
when someone is calling the phone WON'T RING! All I'll get is a voicemail
prompt beep beep that a message has been left.

PRIMECO...can't complain about their rates. But their signal coverage is less
than desirable here in Florida.

G

I have GTE just rec'd a new cell phone for free, that was
a upgrade for there system, have call USA and my bill
runs $105 a month with the tax. In 6 city across the
the country they have a secure code you have to use with
yourpin number for your protect. Also just rec'd 60 mins
a month for 6 month free.

G

yo dude u must be nuts have had gte cell for a year and was an otr driver before an expediter run all 48 and never had a problem, well no thats a lie only had a problem in laredo and one call fixed it. so u must have a screwed up phone or something