Starting Hiring Process

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
BigStickJr, you are absolutely right about things being totally different before. When we first got our CDL we fell into a LTL position at FFE Transportation. They paid revenue bonuses every month, hotels were provided and the money was amazing. Somewhere in that process they started falling apart. We were banking it. When we went to OTR we were shocked at just how much less we were paid. I have no problem working hard, I am just going to do it differently this time. Storing belongings, debt free, and older and wiser. I hope your Christmas was amazing.

Gear Grinder you will feel it when the fit is right. Godspeed stuck with us when they could have said well either go out now or forget about it. He waited 5 months and gave us the numbers to other teams to ask questions and get prepared. We have got close to one team and we will get to meet them next week when we pick up our truck. Our owner just seems pretty amazing. So now it is my time to buckle down and make some money for us and them! I hope your Holidays are Merry and Bright!

Update: We received our ID Badges today in the mail along with a cool FMSCA (LOL) book! The green book! Looking forward to truck pickup on the 3rd.

Flint

Rookie Expediter
Driver
That is great and goid luck. Also with a husband & wife working as a team you should have much success. Happy New Year.

Reactions: DBenton

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Uodate: Just got word we are leaving on Thursday morning to head to Jeffersonville, Indiana to get a PM on the reefer unit. So truck pickup tomorrow at 1000am, grocery shopping, pack truck and leave around 500am. Almost 13 hour drive from Maypearl, Texas. Reality has just set in! Stoked yet extremely nervous all balled into one emotion.

I hope everyone had a blessed New Year. It is cold in Texas!

Flint, welcome to the Expedite Board. Are you currently driving or researching your options?

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Update: We are in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Ran into some awful weather but finally made it to a Walmart for the night.

Bolt Custom Trucks this morning to get a new mattress (Pillowtop) and a couple of cabinets fixed. Now we are sitting at Thermo King waiting for a NIS Test and Inspection. This HAS to be done before Monday so our truck is in compliance for FCC.

We are going to head over to the Flying J to take a shower and chill tonight. Tomorrow we will head to Ohio to setup for our class on Monday. I just need to shower! Plus at least one load of laundry.

Well the journey has begun and so far it has been very interesting! Let' do this!

#teambenton
#itjustgotreal

Janet and Kevin

New Recruit
Driver
DBenton,

We went to Pine Bluff Trucking school also and are in final stages of hiring process for FedEx CC WG tval...we have a owner already, done paperwork, online stuff, drug test, now we just wait....excited to get started we spoke to Godspeed last week and had to tell him we were already signed on with another owner. We kept his nber though and he has ours. For training did they say what the dress code is? I have so many questions for you since you are doing this now and and we are just waiting on final go and date for training. Good luck and keep us posted.

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Nice to meet you Janet and Kevin. The dress code is casual. Nice jeans and nice shirt. Godspeed has been great to us. We start orientation tomorrow. I will give daily updates on training and the process. You should get a orientation date next. Give it about a week. Keep me updated on your progress.

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Orientation Day 1 - You may park your truck in the parking lot off of Tabs Road. The Contractors entrance is Door #5. Even though orientation does not start until 730, go in around 700 and check the place out. Amazing! The first day was tons of information and just plain going over HOS. You get plenty of breaks. They give you a big white binder to take notes and highlight important topics. Listen carefully and take it all in. After class we took a shower and did laundry. Bring some towels you will need them. They also supply laundry detergent and dryer sheets. Good night all. Update Day 2 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Janet and Kevin

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Update Orientation Day 2 - Today we went over C-Link, Hours of Service and Hazmat. It was another day of information overload. Remember if you are going for White Glove and TVAL you must have a Webinar. This webinar is going to cost you 156.50. If you have a Co-driver it is 313.00. Huge Expense for my husband and I. It will be worth it in the end. I am so tired. I am headed to bed. Day 3 tomorrow.

Reactions: RoadTime

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Orientation Day 3 - Today was a half day unless you took the webinar. We did TVAL training this morning and it was very informative. We learned how to handle a load, how to precondition the trailer, do a Journey Marker, change settings and reload thermal paper in the Ameriscan. They added the proper way to load a trailer for optimal airflow.

The webinar was informative but do NOT intend to take it at Fed Ex. They wifi is spotty and if too many people are there it will not be good enough for training. We ended up at a hotel with some friends we met here and used our hotspots on our phones. We made it through and both passed with 100%. They will email your certificates. My suggestion is to print and put in your book.

Tomorrow is White Glove Training. I will up date tomorrow. Have a great evening!

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Janet and Kevin, it is best to order these items at training. If you order in thge morning they will deliver it to you in the afternoon at class. They will give you one shirt and one hat each.

Janet and Kevin

New Recruit
Driver
so how did wg training go? are yall doing dod? we got our welcome to fedex cc email today and are suppose to receive our badges on the 29th. getting excited and nervous both...hope you are having a good training.

GR8WING

New Recruit
Researching
Hello D. It was great meeting you guys this week. Now we all go out to the wild blue yonder. Stay safe!
Chuck and Linda.

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Training Update: Training is complete at Fed Ex Custom Critical. What a wild ride. Day 4 was our TSA/CCSF - Airport Clearance, White Glove, Artwork Clearance and some great information and key points on what FXCC offers. The assessment was easy as long as you followed along and took notes.

Day 5 Training - This is your Radioactive and Explosives training. This is a full day of very important information. Pay close attention and take notes and highlight what she tells you too. This test is definitely harder than the others. Th at were all important with different degrees of difficulty. You will receive another badge at the end with a certificate and a fed ex lanyard. Please pay attention all week. Yoiu will be provided breakfast and lunch. Yoiu will also be required to dress in a collared shirt. Wear the Fed Ex shirts you were provided and that you have purchased during your stay.

We are finished and now we wait for that good load. Make sure you put your truck in service when you get settled. Do your logs everyday. Keep them straight. You are required to be On Duty Not Driving when you attend class and note up our lunch breaks as well.

I hope this helped someone when they attend FXCC training. Good Luck everyone.

Reactions: RoadTime

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Gr8wing it was great to meet you as well. Linda and I have had great talks and I really appreciate the friendship. We are waiting on that good load opportunity. We have received 5 and declined them. They were mostly Surface Expedite only one White Glove and it was going to a horrible freight area. Keep in touch!

DBenton

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Janet and Kevin,
Congrats! You will probably go to training in February. That is exciting. If you have any questions the people there are great and if I can answer I will definitely help. Keep it touch and let me know how your experience goes!

We got the paperwork for DOD. We will decide if we go that route. It takes 6 months to a year for clearance. Our next step is the Passport card. We are definitely acquiring this to travel to Canada.