Fuel for Thought Start At The Beginning

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
If you are just starting out in this industry, or any other for that matter, there will always be hurdles on your path. For those who are considering joining the ranks in the trucking industry, do your research and be as prepared as possible. Entering into a new career can be challenging but enter with open eyes and more importantly, an open mind. You will encounter people at every success level. Keep in mind, those who you find to be very successful in their careers did not get there overnight, and you should expect to work just as hard or even harder than they did to reach that same level of success. If you believe luck has anything to do with it, so be it, but hard work and perseverance beats luck every time. There are a few who seem to “fall” into success. However, the majority worked long and hard to get where they are today.

READ MORE...

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
And this is where my wife and I find ourselves... at the beginning. This article is a good read for newcomers. The article gave me the chills, as I asked myself the hard questions as to whether or not I will have what it takes to make it on the road. Luckily, my wife, who is definitely my better half, is willing to help ease the burden of doing it alone. Where I have the logistics background and degree, she has the accounting background and degree. I believe we can share a little of each others knowledge to be able to make it out there on the road....

Reactions: TeamHutch and Greg

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Knowing that you are at the beginning, understanding the work required of you and willing to grow slow to moderately will lead to success. Many try to go too fast and get overwhelmed. From your posts, it looks like you are doing the prep work required to put the odds in your favor. Good luck to you and keep learning.

Reactions: TeamPaul

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
Thank you for the well wishes...

There are times during our research that we get sat back on our heels, and ask ourselves just "what exactly are we getting ourselves into?" We have to stop for a bit and dig a little deeper to get a better understanding, or we just have to stop for a bit and "reboot" so to speak. So far we have not come across any road blocks that will deter us from this journey. Our timeline is 10 to 11 months out, or by the next Expo as time that we will enter the industry.

Reactions: Greg

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dragon64 have family and friends started questioning you if you are CRAZY?

While we were researching very few knew what we were doing as I knew it was going to be ugly. By the time we announced our plans by putting our house on the market and selling much of what we owned we were really told rather bluntly what idiots we were. The giving good advice to us came from all around us and we stuck to what we were doing. Not long after we started and they saw how much we enjoyed what we were doing the next comments were"I wish we had the guts to do what you two did."

So keep doing your research and put everything in your favor you possibly can. Greg's article is a good one.

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
Yeah, we already know what the collective thoughts would be. Especially since both my parents have been trying to get me on with government for the last eight years. In fact, I had an interview just two weeks ago for a job in Palmdale California... which I received a "not Selected" email yesterday.

Nonetheless, we dare not make our intentions known until the time is right... not for them, but for us!