Sprinter Van

bobbygee41

Seasoned Expediter
Hello... Well I guess the straight truck is out of the picture for now. So my next question I am looking at getting a Sprinter Van. I dont really want to work for an owner because I feel very unsecure out there because of some problums in the past. anyway

What would a solo van driver make? Before and After?

What is the best company to sign a sprinter on with?

I am looking at TST TRI-STATE Bolt CTX Nations Express. If you have anyother companys let me know. I already know about FedEx to many over there.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Hello, BG41. First of all, you need to find out what carrier is putting on vans. How much can you make? I found out through research on this site that you will probably drive about 90,000 miles a year, about 60,000 paid miles, 30,000 deadhead miles, and your expenses will gobble up about 1/3 of that amount. That worked for me the first year. I am down a whole lot in miles this year. Are you interested in a Sprinter, or a cargo van?
:+ :+

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Most but not all companies don't have enough van freight for the vans that they have. So the better companies with that situation will not put on any new vans.

If your problem in the past was with an owner. there are some owners on here plus drivers for owners, that would be glad to give you some names via private message.

The van idea is okay when everyones running hard, but they seem to be the first to see a slow down, and the last to see it pick back up.