Sprinter Expediting Advice

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello, and thank you for reading.

After some research I have decided to work doing otr expediting in a Sprinter. I am set up to start up within 2 weeks.

If it works out as I hope, I plan, after getting some experience for I presume a year or two, to buy my own Sprinter Van, and owner operate for a company.

While I know a person'a experience is invaluable, any advice on how to make this happen, any pitfalls, etc to avoid, and how much do you enjoy expediting after doing it a few years?

Any advice/answers is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Ruan131

Dubs

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well from my experience you'll be driving through the night so you gotta prepare to change your whole sleep schedule. When you get a chance to sleep and it's bright outside, make sure everything is blacked out around you because I couldn't sleep the first few weeks.

Also to keep up with the long cross country loads where sleep is at a minimum... I take 15 min naps/breaks before I even start getting tired and I take them every 200 miles or so. Trust me your eyes need some rest and I've found if you sleep too long it's hard to get back up.

Bring a cooler with food from home or you'll become a fat ass real soon. I've seen my stomach grow QUICK. I cut out all fast food and my weight regained itself. Oh and you'll save money.

Invest in audiobooks. Might as well make the most of your time.

Buy new parts for your vehicle and put the old one somewhere in the back in case it breaks or fails. You don't wanna lose a load because a simple pulley failed( own experience..).

Ehh.. I'm sure there's more. Someone else can chime in.

Reactions: Ruan131