Sprinter/cargo van team expectations

jwcolonel92

Active Expediter
Hi! I'm new here. I've read a lot on this forum and the information I've read here has been great. My wife and I recently agreed to drive a new sprinter van for an O/O. The van is leased on with Panther. We plan to run hard and take most load offers. We plan to drive 5-6 weeks and then take a few days off for R&R. Are there any other teams on here that drive a cargo or sprinter van for Panther? Can you give me a ballpark figure as to how much we will take home weekly? We get 40% and the owner pays for fuel and qualcomm.

Thanks so much for any info.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Your first paypay is three to four weeks.
All bills must've paid accordingly.
Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

MissKat

Expert Expediter
I'm in a tractor with them so I'm not much help I'm afraid.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Hi! I'm new here. I've read a lot on this forum and the information I've read here has been great. My wife and I recently agreed to drive a new sprinter van for an O/O. The van is leased on with Panther. We plan to run hard and take most load offers. We plan to drive 5-6 weeks and then take a few days off for R&R. Are there any other teams on here that drive a cargo or sprinter van for Panther? Can you give me a ballpark figure as to how much we will take home weekly? We get 40% and the owner pays for fuel and qualcomm.

Thanks so much for any info.

You will make around $2500 per month.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Im with panther as a single driver. The 40 percents is not bad if the owner pays for everything tolls included. Cause if gas goes above 4 dollars a gallon the fsc want keep up with price. And you will make team I would think 2700 to 3200 a month.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Im with panther as a single driver. The 40 percents is not bad if the owner pays for everything tolls included. Cause if gas goes above 4 dollars a gallon the fsc want keep up with price. And you will make team I would think 2700 to 3200 a month.

Panther pay DH miles to pick up the load 18 cents per mile plus 20-25 cents per mile for the loaded ones. SO ,if your fuel is covered by Panther ,why would you choose the 40 % instead of 60% or 65%? The only advantage you have that you can idle on the owner money. If you run 5500 miles per month with 40% ,that's $1700, with 60% is $2550.With 65%2750. Plus Panther if you ask pay toll money to...

jwcolonel92

Active Expediter

Thanks underdog. The driver pays for all tolls and has an EZ Pass transponder on the van.

jwcolonel92

Active Expediter
Panther pay DH miles to pick up the load 18 cents per mile plus 20-25 cents per mile for the loaded ones. SO ,if your fuel is covered by Panther ,why would you choose the 40 % instead of 60% or 65%? The only advantage you have that you can idle on the owner money. If you run 5500 miles per month with 40% ,that's $1700, with 60% is $2550.With 65%2750. Plus Panther if you ask pay toll money to...

I tried to negotiate with the sprinter owner for 60/40% and we pay for fuel but no dice. We are taking the job because it's a brand new Sprinter with an extended custom sleeper with a full size bed, fridge, microwave and tv. I've heard and read good things about Panther too.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
If I couldnt get 9000 a month as a team. the 40% would not be worth that. That would make you 3600 a month abd you dont worry anything about the cost to run the truck. Now the way I read I hope the owner is oaying for qualcomm and,all insurance fees also. I own my own van after all expenses I clear on the avg 2700 month.

jwcolonel92

Active Expediter
If I couldnt get 9000 a month as a team. the 40% would not be worth that. That would make you 3600 a month abd you dont worry anything about the cost to run the truck. Now the way I read I hope the owner is oaying for qualcomm and,all insurance fees also. I own my own van after all expenses I clear on the avg 2700 month.

Yes the owner pays for qualcomm and all expenses for the van. We only have to pay for workers comp insurance.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Also with a team you get more a mile and if you can do hazmat that adds money on to. Im base .70 a mile you can get .77 a mile with team and hazmat.

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
Also with a team you get more a mile and if you can do hazmat that adds money on to. Im base .70 a mile you can get .77 a mile with team and hazmat.

Hey Underdog, I think you might be mistaken about the Hazmat for vans. A van at Panther does not placard as it also does not carry over the limit (1001 pound ?) of hazardous materials. Also, Panther does not pay more per mile for teams, they just allow you to run more hours which means more money.