Speedco is really getting bad service

NTHEWIND

Seasoned Expediter
I have been using Speedco for many years and use them for almost all my oil changes. About the only time I don't use them is when I need an oil change and there is not a location near where I'm at. I know that they might charge a little more (to tell the truth I've never really check cost difference) I like the way a person comes out to my truck, I hand them the pre-printed card telling them what service, oil, filters etc. I want.
In resent times when businesses should be doing there utmost best in taking care of the customer Speedco seems to doing just the opposite, a decline in customer service. No one comes out of the A/C office or they take forever. They seem to have went into extreme 'extra' sell mode of 'stuff' while not even filling the washer fluid half the time unless I ask.
I just stopped in Shreveport,La location this afternoon for an oil change. We were on a run with lots of time going to Florida. If I didn't get oil changed then I would be right at the mileage for a change when we unload and if we ended up getting a run I would have run over. So I wanted it done now.
So anyway we get guided in the bay, the gal took forever to get to my truck, (getting to be the norm, right?) She took my information and I when inside. 45 minutes later (they have not started yet) a service tech comes over to me and asks me to shut off my refer, I tell him I can not shut the unit off. Then he tells me that I'll have to drop the trailer outside. I'm a little ticked, but OK. Now I go out to the truck and there is another truck behind me and they have chocks under my wheels. I pull the chocks out. The manager comes over and I ask him what he want me to do with the trailer???? I also told him this was the first time I've been asked to either turn my unit off or drop the trailer outside. He said it was a 'safety issue' because the workers could not hear each other. He said he'd get the truck behind me moved. By then I told him not the bother. I'm done, I got to go.
What ticks me off on the whole deal is that if they wanted the unit off or the trailer dropped outside the service writer should have told me that FIRST THING!!! The truck sat inside the shop with the unit running for 45 minutes RUNNING and no one said a GD thing. I could have dropped the trailer while waiting and saved some time. But like most business that we deal with OUR time is either free or cheep.

I just saw that FECC is now accepting Speedco's DOT inspection. Speedco even has a place stamped on the work order to fill out when the last inspection was done. WHO in their right mind would let these people do an inspection? What are you going to do if there is something wrong like an air line or brakes or lights. Are they going to 'fix' anything? They are not a mechanical shop, but they will sell you tires!!!!!!!

PlusServices

Seasoned Expediter
Speedco is in the business of selling you extra items to run your bill up. You also must watch everything they do to confirm the work has been done and done correctly. Be extra careful to make sure they don't over torque the drain plug. They have stripped them on 2 of my trucks in the last year. Remember BUYER BEWARE!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Have not heard that FECC is accepting Speedco's DOT inspections,but it wouldn't be the first time that I have missed something like that.