Speedco has raised there price's again

G

I took one of our trucks to the SpeedCo in Seville, Ohio down the street from our house and found out they rasied there price's again.
The price for an oil change was $99.99 for up to 30 qt's plus the up grade if you wanted Cat filter's. So today I take our one truck in there that has 8.3 Cummin's which only take's 23 qt's of oil and was charged $129.00. I asked the lady did they change there price's again and she told me that for a Stright truck it is 99.99 for and oil change, but it is for the 1st 18 qt's and anything over 18 qt's is Extra.

Just thought I would let everyone know about it.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O Since 3/1/1995
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Hey Dave,
Dirty Li'l %@$^ards got me in KC this week $280 for pm and rigmaster service! I feel you, think I will build a barn and service my own. My kid brother is in that industry and he will be the 1st to tell you its not the oil changes that make money it's the add ons still a hard pill to swallow though.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
When I got my truck, last year, I started using the Speedco in Stony Ridge, OH (I-280 @ exit 2)as it was handy to be able to stop in on a Monday AM while on the way to get my load in MI. After going there twice, and having to argue with them about how I wanted things done, I decided the truck would be better served if I took it to my local International dealer.

It costs a few $$ more at International, but the quality of the service and the depth of the inspection make it worth the upspend to me. Speedco really doesn't do an inspection, they're just dumping and refilling the crankcase and changing filters and squirting grease.

Rex

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
I just take mt truck to T/A shops now. The one in Hebron, OH has done the first two changes since I've had it. It's expensive, but my brakes get adjusted, and I know every last thing gets checked.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Kinda way off the beaten track but the best lube and oil change service I have ever had was at the TA on I 80 west of Salt Lake City UT. The shop foreman told me that guys make appointments and drive 300+ miles out of their way to have their trucks serviced there.

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been using Pretrip in Toledo, OH since 1998. Al and Terry do a good job, and I always add the "full service", which is almost as complete as an annual DOT inspection. Pretrip is on Hagerman Rd, about 1 block north of the Pilot on Alexis Rd.

I also get my annual DOT inspections at Pretrip. Mike

G

Well, I told All of our driver's to stay away from the TA's after sending a truck to 3 Different TA's and they didn't have anyone that knew how to Fix it. I sent the Driver's to Freightliner of Knoxville and they got Right on the Truck And Fixed it.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O Since 3/1/1995
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047