Sounds easy enough, eh?

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
JuJu, just where does the term Canuck come from?

eh, mate?????

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

DD

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Thanks vanman, I was always hesitant to use the word for fear of offending someone. Me thinks that would be a GREAT new handle for ya. I say go for it!!!!!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
DD

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Why are you Canuck’s always using the term or saying “eh” before and after a sentence? How did that come about??? I know here in the Pittsburgh area, we say “younce,” (don’t even know the spelling)or is it u-ences,(all one word) I think that's it!!! instead of you all, or you guys.

Please no mockery from the bleachers!!!
Love that as a user name for you

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Tony, knew a girl once who used yoos-guys, is that close? She was from PA too!!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
DD

Captain Canuck

Expert Expediter
DA Dah!!! Look up in the sky it's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's lame duck!!

Naw it's CAPTAIN CANUCK!!!

Tony's thrown down another challenge, it's off to find the roots of eh!!!:)

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The "eh" Canadians, and many Eurpoeans use, is like a "roger" on the CB. Used to let you know their talk is over, get it, eh? Many pro athletes say "you know" to signify the same thing. I, like dieseldiva, always thought the term "Canuck" offended Canadians, so I have never used it openly. Maybe I'm wrong here, eh?
-Weave-

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone seen our very own Captain Canuck?? He was last seen a couple of weeks ago, suiting up, in hot pursuit of the roots of EH. Has he perhaps met with an untimely demise? Did he get caught up in the crosswinds this past week? Maybe he just plain old got lost, you know, leotards too tight cutting off blood flow to the brain, eh??

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD

Captain Canuck

Expert Expediter
Yo!! The Captain appears quicker then Pres. Bushes tax cuts!! *lol*

JuJu and I swooped down to Lakehurst NJ Naval Research Facility on Thursday! Security there is tighter than my tights!!! then we conquered the Big Apple at 8 am Friday to P/U an Expedite load coming home! Very profitable trip out. JuJu being an American never has had a NY deli sandwich, Damn they are good! The snow was really blowing on I-81 Friday. Power was out at the Flying J in Gibson Exit 219 so couldn't get online. My reseach on EH was been stymied by various bugs and worms leading me to believe my efforts are being twarted by some wicked super villians BUT I will go on! Never say die!

P.S. Hey DD I see you've been walking on some pretty yellow real estate? Something smells there. The Capt. will check it out! hahaha....NOT!

We're going on a mission to Manchester MI for Monday am will prolly be at exit-167 on I-94 at the TA for Breaky...yes even super heros have to eat!
If anyones close join us around 7:30 am Unit 1133 Dynamex Dodge Van

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Funny, I too was on I81 Friday. I had a stressful day! I started my little jaunt at 3 am Friday. I went from exit 28 Pa pike, to exit 232 Oh pike, then to exit 58 Pa pike and into a customer 3 miles off the exit. Then onto New Oxford Pa, to York Pa, then Lancaster Pa. Next went to Aston PA, then Reading, and onto Hazelton PA. All was done at 1342 o’clock. I didn’t let any grass grow!!! I left I 81 at I80 and went south to visit the place where the picture in the contest was taken. From there it was home again!!! Pulled into the drive at 1855. had I known you guy’s were close by, we could’ve went and had some din-din. I never met a super hero!!!!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Tony, you keep running that hard and you're going to need an aerodynamicly (sp?) correct suit like the Captain has!

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'll need something!!! eh! Only run like that once in a blue moon now a days. I'm getting to old to do it all the time anymore!!!

Captain Canuck

Expert Expediter
Tony...1342? darn we musta passed each other on I-81.

JuJu and I do carry your driving directions with us JUST in case, so if youce see an Ontario plate pull into your driveway be prepared! :eek:)

Despite our present-day guardedness toward unchecked patriotism, the national superhero remains a fascinating part of the Canadian tradition. Johnny Canuck, the personification of Canada in early political cartoons, emerged in 1869 as a younger, simpler cousin to America’s Uncle Sam or Britain’s John Bull.
Reborn in the image of cartoonist Leo Bachle during World War II, the popular Johnny Canuck was Canada’s defender from the Nazi menace.

Then, in 1975, comic-book artist Richard Comely created another distinctly Canadian superhero. Captain Canuck, sporting "electro-thermic underwear," worked with Quebecois counterpart — Capitaine Kébec, and avoided conflict whenever possible. He thus embodied the Canadian awareness of the duality and the limitations of our country.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tony I thank you for your rating on the Captain, as we all know the stress and the pressures of this job are hard on a person and their families, I don't mean to make light of it nor minimize the job what so ever, BUT I try to stay on the light side and kept it in prospective.
Stress kills ya know! So when the road gets rough think of Captain Canuck swooping down on you with a fresh coffee and donut!:eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You've all seen this from the female side of the house:

"Men are like wine. They all start out like grapes, and it's our
job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they
mature into something with which you'd like to have dinner
with."

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And now, for the male response:

"Women are like wine. They all start out fresh, fruity and
intoxicating to the mind and then turn full-bodied with age
until they go all sour and vinegary and give you a headache."

haha ducking as JuJu swats me!!!

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus
Regarding the roots of "EH".

It's always been my understanding that it comes from the spelling
of the country's name: C-"eh"-n-"eh"-d-"eh".

Jeff