Some Info Please

G

My wife and I have been investigating the Expedite Industry for more than a year and have finally made the decision to go for it.

We are looking at 2 company's that sound good, and was wondering if anyone has info on them, good, bad, indifferent. We are trying to make the right choice the first time around.

The 2 company's are Tri State Expedited Services in Toledo, OH
and Metro Express in the St. Louis area.

Any and all info will be appreciated.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I used to run with TS. My personal opinion is they are pretty darn good for Teams. I was not happy when I ran my trucks solo. That was just me. I know a number of people there and they are doing fine. I do not know of how things are since the big shake up there but I thought they were a decent place to be. Just did not stay happy once I went solo with my trucks. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Raceman
Owner Two Straight Truck.
Part time driver of one of my trucks and local TT.
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
OTR Straight Truck Plt to Plt off and on 5 years.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy
3 years without full use of my mind

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
If you and your wife have class B's with Hazmat and a clean criminal record. Try Panther II. They haul Department of Defense loads that pay 1.80 a loaded mile if you get DOD clearance. Other loads pay 1.20 and they have the highest deadhead amount I have seen. .50 a mile after the first 100. Tractor trailer is even better.