Solo Straight truck drivers

Jsshelton1

Active Expediter
Driver
I just would like to talk to some solo drivers Who owner operate a straight truck. I am looking at owner operating a straight truck as a solo driver and would like to hear how others are doing it

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just would like to talk to some solo drivers Who owner operate a straight truck. I am looking at owner operating a straight truck as a solo driver and would like to hear how others are doing it

I’m not a solo straight truck driver, I’m a van driver, but from what I’ve read Team Straight Trucks are mopping up.

Solo Solo straight drivers work in certain circumstances, but I mostly see it discouraged for teams.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What would you like to know?

Reactions: Grizzly

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
You own your box truck and move loads with this company Noram? They pay you because you have a truck available to drive? Thanks
I think that you misunderstood his reply. Noram is a fleet of trucks owned by an individual that has drivers driving his trucks that are leased to Load One. They are not owner operators.
Being a former straight truck owner operator awhile ago, I would say it's safe to assume that teams have the upper hand over a solo straight truck driver, in terms of the hours of service rules and regulations.

Reactions: dji123kid