Solo Straight Truck Drivers

subzero89

Seasoned Expediter
It is KM Logistics and they are out of Cudahy, WI. Also, I took the load before I got the load confirmation sheet. I already had the shipment on the truck and after calling them over and over again, I finally got it by email. Then I realized the time for delivery was impossible and informed them about it. Of course Moony said to just deliver it as soon as I could and then pulls this claim I am a team. Here is the load confirmation that I received AFTER picking up the load:

KM Logistics, LLC LOAD NUMBER
6221 S. Ace Industrial Dr.
Cudahy, WI 53110
P: 414-856-0020 F: 414-856-0007
8/15/2012
Carrier: Attention:
Ph/Fax: 724-651-2832 Truck:
Driver:
Reference: Cell:
Trailer:
Dan G.
New Castle, PA
Dan
724-965-1438
MC # 634637
DISPATCH CONFIRMATION
Load Info
Pieces: 0
Space:
Act Wgt:
As Wgt:
Pallets:
Temp:
Trailer:
Miles: 763
Type: Expedite
The Following Pay Is Authorized For This Load
Pay Code Pay Type Rate Total
Load Flat 1,258.95 1,258.95
Total 1,258.95
S/C
Address Zip Contact Appt Ref
Stop
Phone
From To Name City St Ref Appt
P/U Borg Warner Ithaca NY est
800 Warren Rd.
1 8/15
12:00 12:00 607-266-5077
8/15 No
Deliver Harley Davidson Menomonee falls WI cst
w156 N9121 Patrita Dr
2 8/16
04:20 04:20 607-266-3763
8/16 No
Commodity Reference Description Pieces Space Seats Act Wgt Tar Wgt Bill Wgt
Misc Products 157014 collect 12 12 0 3,987 0 3,987
Totals 12 12 0 3,987 0 3,987

16 HOURS TO TRAVEL 96 MILES DEADHEAD PLUS 763 LOADED MILES!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
That load was actually doable for a solo. I have done those types in the past with panther on elogs and not exceeded hos. The gave 28 hours to run it. At 60 mph it is only 14 hours.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
That load was actually doable for a solo. I have done those types in the past with panther on elogs and not exceeded hos. The gave 28 hours to run it. At 60 mph it is only 14 hours.
I dont think so...was my first thought too. But...it is a noon pickup with a 4:20 AM delivery?

Last edited:

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does the time zone figure in here? Noon pickup Eastern, 4:20 the next morning Central.

I still see problems, not least of which is the fact that a straight doesn't have the acceleration of a CV, or the top speed as like as not, and further often is restricted to a slower speed legally to begin with. Add in any delay for any reason, and :nope, not happening. 850 miles sure isn't gonna happen within HOS regulations.

In this case, the verdict is clear: The company knew the facts before hand, started manufacturing "truth" to suit itself and tried to hang the driver on the end results. Time to find a new outfit to drive for and if this company has a history of this sort of thing they need to be reported.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Time zone is always figured in est and your logs are done in your home time zone plays havoc and confusion with dot occifers too!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Read further up. Rocket man corrected me on it. Forgot to look at delivery in military time.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe it's just me. It seems to me somebody didn't do the homework before starting for the pickup to begin with. With or without the confirmation sheet, I want to know (a) where and when I'm picking up, (b) where and when it's to be delivered and if dispatch knows, how many miles. Not to mention, since I drive a CV I need to know pieces and weight and, if the pieces are large, what are the dimensions. I have a telephone, a pen and a notepad, so it's my own fault if I don't know whether I can do it before I turn the ignition key.

I just had to turn down a run today because the dimensions looked a little too close. I might have gotten it on, I might not have, but neither I nor Dispatch wanted to find out I couldn't when I got there. So, I passed on that one--- and got offered another run, about the same mileage, that will fit with no worries.