Solo expediting...Pros & Cons

Ojfitts

New Recruit
Researching
I currently have my CDLs with no experience OTR. I now work locally but would like to go over the road. My ultimate goal is to purchase my own truck and be my own boss. I've recently started researching solo straight truck expediting and I am curious to know what to expect. At my current job I make 70k a year and would like to stay in that range or higher.

I would like to know the pro and cons of solo expediting and how much should I expect to make the first year?

I would appreciate any advice you guys can give. Thank you.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I currently have my CDLs with no experience OTR. I now work locally but would like to go over the road. My ultimate goal is to purchase my own truck and be my own boss. I've recently started researching solo straight truck expediting and I am curious to know what to expect. At my current job I make 70k a year and would like to stay in that range or higher.

I would like to know the pro and cons of solo expediting and how much should I expect to make the first year?

I would appreciate any advice you guys can give. Thank you.
A good video to watch for you...imo.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Keep your guaranteed 70k annually and sleeping in your own bed every night. Making 70k as a solo, reliably, is akin to making the playoff game every year, doable but no easy task and definitely not guaranteed.