Solo driving

ramblingon

Expert Expediter
Hey to all,

I am a CDL holder and wanted to know if I can make any money in expediting running a 24'solo?

Thanks;)

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
My driving years were spent as a solo driver in a 22 foot straighter. When I got into the game everyone tried to tell me that I wouldn't make any money. I guess I proved them all wrong, and did very well on a regular basis. You just need to be an extremely smart business owner - and manage every penny. Finding a company that fits what you are looking for is important too. Work hard, work smart, and learn how to work the freight lanes - you can do just fine. I'm living proof. Best wishes - X

ramblingon

Expert Expediter
Hey thanks for the reply there X. I am looking at FEDEXCC simply because they are large and have a lot of freight. I drove OTR with Schneider and with Arrow. I learned that there is a difference between a HUGE company and a small company. It boils down to who will have the most consistent $ producing miles. There are so many variables in this type of driving and I have only scratched the surface as far as my understanding of the business.

Thanks for your reply
Ramble:)