It's a Team's Life So you want to be an Expediter Continued : It's a Teams Life

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
First thing we had to ask ourselves was how much do we like to drive? If you do not like to drive then becoming a truck driver is probably not a good choice.

Bob and I have a passion for driving but most of our experience was on back roads with very little traffic in the southwest corner of Kansas. The closest traffic light was 35 miles away and the closest interstate was over 150 miles in another state. I had to overcome these obstacles, gain experience, and confidence in a large vehicle. Bob had all ready dealt with this when we were with a large truck load carrier.

READ MORE...

mikestarr

Seasoned Expediter
Hi I was a expediter back in 2002 I'm toying with the idea of buying a few used vans and getting a small team out there I don't have a med card and only a chauffeurs license is any company out there that would take me on as a driver or small fleet owner (3/4) vans I was tristate back then and would like to steer clear of them this time and what's the oldest year vans accepted now

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Times have changed a lot since then. You might want to think about one van and see how that goes.