So you have a gun in your truck?

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stats prove that most assults happen upclose and personal with little or no warning the best bet is to avoid the situation in the first place. But, an armed person is more likely to survive regardless of how they dispatch of a threat and unfortunately the decision must be made will it be them or you.
Best advice is somthing that works upclose and every time without fail if needed or at least will make them think it through if you have ground betwene them and you.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I have a hard time Imagining a gun in the hands of some of these bozo truck drivers...it is laughable...unless they've had a full blown safety course on total gun use...or had military training...

Actually, that's really not the issue. Most people you look at and think, "I wouldn't trust him with a gun" couldn't be trusted with one after training, either. It's not the lack of training that's the issue, nor is training magic.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Are there any expedite companies that even allow a gun in truck? I used to deliver liquor around the detroit area before working for fedex cc. Delivery men getting guns pulled on and sometimes shot. But we couldnt carry. Just few days ago. Old friend was shot. Same company. Same rules..NO GUNS...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Deville

Not a Member
I started reading the post that bumped this old thread & got as far as this part before I bailed out.......

"WHEN I begin driving, I would MUCH rather do it with a gun, or two, or six, in my truck, loaded."

Yea, that's not gonna work. Even if you are a licensed to carry a gun no company in there right mind will allow you to lease on with them. Most customers won't let you on the property.

If you fear for your safety so much you should consider a diffrent profession.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never been in a place where a gun would have helped, I have been in places where a gun would be a liability. About being allowed onto a property: If the gun is concealed, most places won't know about it. Most places.

I've made deliveries to nuclear power plants and to an air-force base. They check your person and your vehicle. There's a chance they'll find your concealed weapon, and if they do not getting in would be the least of your problems. It's not worth the problems.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
When I hauled gas, one of our drivers thought it'd be a good idea to use a large gun in a holster. It was very visible.
On an overnight delivery on the south side of Chicago a LEO explained to him he'd probably take a bullit from someone that wanted his gun.
He decided to leave it at home.

lastraw

Seasoned Expediter
This is one case scenario My husband and I did alot of pickups in Newark NJ Right next to the projects.I stayed home on one trip He took a male codriver with him. Told the codriver he shouldnt get out of the truck. Husband was in sleeper waiting to get loaded codriver was outside talking with two other drivers A father and son....My husband heard 4 shots..........he hit the floor till they stopped .When he got out Three men had robbed the father son and codriver The men were leaving turned around saw father going to warehouse Shot and ki;lled him........Already had his money????I beleive if we have to pass all the laws for Homeland security Pass backround checks for Hazmats We should be allowed to carry wepons if we choose too. We live in these trucks they are our homes for weeks at a time..............They the criminals know drivers dont carry.or the odds are low if they do......Me.:)

Deville

Not a Member
This is one case scenario My husband and I did alot of pickups in Newark NJ Right next to the projects.I stayed home on one trip He took a male codriver with him. Told the codriver he shouldnt get out of the truck. Husband was in sleeper waiting to get loaded codriver was outside talking with two other drivers A father and son....My husband heard 4 shots..........he hit the floor till they stopped .When he got out Three men had robbed the father son and codriver The men were leaving turned around saw father going to warehouse Shot and ki;lled him........Already had his money????I beleive if we have to pass all the laws for Homeland security Pass backround checks for Hazmats We should be allowed to carry wepons if we choose too. We live in these trucks they are our homes for weeks at a time..............They the criminals know drivers dont carry.or the odds are low if they do......Me.:)

I've lived in NYC & NJ my entire life. I've seen some serious **** in this city. Neark, East Orange, Trenton, Camden, Brownsville, East NY, Harlem, Spanish Harlem (that's freaking scary) & last but not least the entire bourogh of the Bronx which should just be it's own state.

Very rarely have I feared foe my safety. I've made deliveries in some of the worst projects you could ever imagine, back than I used to carry a knife on my belt, more of a deterent.

Half the battle is knowing how to carry yourself & not look like you are gonna take any crap from anyone. Someone looks you up & down you look them up & down. I also have what is known as the crazy eyes & am built like a truck so I find people think twice about messing with me.

It's all about the confidence, that being said I have no problem throwing down with someone & snaping their neck if it comes down to it.

I look at a person with a gun as just more of a challenge.The challenge being me takeing it off of him shoving it up his *** & pulling the trigger. That's how I roll. If I die, I die.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I've lived in NYC & NJ my entire life. I've seen some serious **** in this city. Neark, East Orange, Trenton, Camden, Brownsville, East NY, Harlem, Spanish Harlem (that's freaking scary) & last but not least the entire bourogh of the Bronx which should just be it's own state.

Very rarely have I feared foe my safety. I've made deliveries in some of the worst projects you could ever imagine, back than I used to carry a knife on my belt, more of a deterent.

Half the battle is knowing how to carry yourself & not look like you are gonna take any crap from anyone. Someone looks you up & down you look them up & down. I also have what is known as the crazy eyes & am built like a truck so I find people think twice about messing with me.

It's all about the confidence, that being said I have no problem throwing down with someone & snaping their neck if it comes down to it.

I look at a person with a gun as just more of a challenge.The challenge being me takeing it off of him shoving it up his *** & pulling the trigger. That's how I roll. If I die, I die.

Glad you said this, I'm tired of peoples assumptions and perceptions. I deliver, pick up, sleep, and park in " bad locations" all the time, and I think a lot of drivers fears are unfounded. There is always an exception of course. I was in Laredo once, and rode my bike across the border to Mexico for a fun day of tacos and cervesa, against the advise of drivers everywhere that said I was gonna get murdered for certain.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Deville

Not a Member
Glad you said this, I'm tired of peoples assumptions and perceptions. I deliver, pick up, sleep, and park in " bad locations" all the time, and I think a lot of drivers fears are unfounded. There is always an exception of course. I was in Laredo once, and rode my bike across the border to Mexico for a fun day of tacos and cervesa, against the advise of drivers everywhere that said I was gonna get murdered for certain.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

12 years ago I crossed the border into Tiuana, Mexico & it was quite the eye opener. I ran arond there all day shopping & what not never letting my guard down. I made it though ok. Now I don't know If I would do it again.