Cargo Van So many "nice" people you meet along the way

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
weekend cookouts at the J in Perrysburg or at the Old Detroiter.....everyone welcome Hamburgers and FULL dogs on the grill....even the J Manager came out once.....used to get the onions and tomato. lettuce from the buffet at the J....sometimes the cook would just give it to us and come out for his break....

Blacksburg J in SC... I made the driver next to me breakfast on my cooker....Bacon and eggs with toast....man was he impressed....FREE breaky
Ovm have never got anything out of you but a headache... lol
Yes i to cook alittle in the summer time out here , breakfast or porkchops .... maybe you could align the Moons so we can unload in a close city together ....
Also what you were burning 2 weeks ago ... i don't care for it .... thats all yours Pal ..... remember now ....You was Boiling the Turtle Soup ..... :p

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When thinking about the good old days and the way people interacted, keep technology in mind. We have cell phones now and drivers are never more than a finger swipe away from a meaningful online conversation, text from a family member, video call and other ways of instantly communicating. It's different now because of the technology ... and it's the same because people are still people.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Heres how the song for my neighborhood would go:

Oh who are the people in your neighborhood, your neighborhood, who are the people in your neighborhood, the people that you meet each day.

Oh the junkie is a person in my neighborhood, in my neighborhood, he shoots dope in his arm, throws syringes in my yard ( actually happened ) oh the junkie is a person in my neighborhood.

Oh the meth cook is a person in my neighborhood, in my neighborhood, their will be no more meth to buy when he blows the house sky high, oh the meth cook is a person in my neighborhood.

Oh white trash are the people in my neighborhood, in my neighborhood, they beat on their wives all day and night, oh white trash are people in my neighborhood.

Sorry Sesame Street, but you may want to throw a disclaimer in there about the quality of ones neighborhood before you go getting chummy with people.

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We're always up for meeting new folks (as long as they are not bat :censoredsign: crazy) I was thinking of getting some sleeping do not disturb signs for the Windows. I would have thought a closed curtain would have given the clue.