slow.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think we should be told whom we are picking up for if the load is sold/brokered out....so we don't look like we don't know what we are doing....many times am asked "you picking up for xxx?" and I have no clue and have to call dispatch and hold the shipper up whilst I am on the phone...
the same as the NLMI number should be told to us automatically..too many times have to call in and get it...

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We always ask who the original carrier is on a load now. We went to pick up a load one time and the shipper had no idea who we were and we had no idea who the original carrier was. After a phone call that was like pulling teeth because the dispaich person wasn't in, we reached the bookeeper, I had to play 20 questions in order to get the information that the shipper needed to identify what we were picking up. The shipper also called their original contact, who wasn't informed that our carrier was delivering for xyz company.
So we vowed never to be in the unknown again after that. We thought that to be one of our many lessons out here in the three months we have been doing this.
Believe me we have learned many lessons so far.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
You all have a very good point. Never would have thought of that. We, as drivers, are just trying to promote our company. Never would think of a '3rd' party contract. Doesn't make since to me. Looks like our prospect companies would want us to try to let our customers know they can count on us. :eek: Guess will have to re-think this. :rolleyes:

transporter

Expert Expediter
yester, dont know why companies dont tell their drivers. but the best way to help your company is to look and act professionaly around shippers and of coarse on time.