SLOW MONTH FOR FREIGHT or WHAT???

jackieg

Active Expediter
Well, All Honeymoons must come to an end I guess! Haven't been in the business long enough to have expected this very slow week! California dead-moved toward Texas with no load in sight so far. Dispatch has no concrete answer for the drop off in load offers... Is End of July normally slower for freight in auto industry? (That's what we normally haul) decided to ask the long-timers to get a handle on the slow weeks of the year for NEXT TIME! Thanks for any helpful input!

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Get all of your eggs out of one basket. In other words, GET MORE QUALIFICATIONS.

Out 24 days this month, second-best month ever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Last week was incredible for us, probably best week ever in 5 years. FXCC with all the Bells and Whistles.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, All Honeymoons must come to an end I guess! Haven't been in the business long enough to have expected this very slow week! California dead-moved toward Texas with no load in sight so far. Dispatch has no concrete answer for the drop off in load offers... Is End of July normally slower for freight in auto industry? (That's what we normally haul) decided to ask the long-timers to get a handle on the slow weeks of the year for NEXT TIME! Thanks for any helpful input!

July is the slowest month during the summer months due to plant shut downs. If you are only running auto freight than all you can expect is to hopefully make enough to get by until it picks back up. Also while I'm at it Jan. and Feb. are also slower months.

jackieg

Active Expediter
Thank you the exact info I was looking for... We encountered a slow down like this in Dec-Jan last year but didn't realize that Jul&Feb were shutdown months as well... Thanks again!

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you the exact info I was looking for... We encountered a slow down like this in Dec-Jan last year but didn't realize that Jul&Feb were shutdown months as well... Thanks again!

I usually browse thru the Carrier Forums on EO, especially Load 1, it's pretty active there. Lot of freight status discussions. If I don't see those EO's Famous personalities on the regular forums, I can always find them there, LOL :):)

jackieg

Active Expediter
2 loads FINALLY!!!!!! Glad things picked up... Just IN TIME for important home time... :/ thanks y'all!