Sitting Duck

TeaDance

Active Expediter
i was reading an old article here (2010) about the company you work for and poor DOT inspection. The article listed the FMCSA web-site address however one needs the MC number of each company to look up their score.

Does anyone here have a list of MC numbers so I can calculate this into my decision of who I want to drive for. I'm only interested in the Top 5 companies.
Thanks for the help
RT

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have found if you go to the company's website the are usually listed there.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

TeaDance

Active Expediter
Thanks, I tried looking at the companies web-sites that I'm interested in driving for and haven't found one DOT # or MC # anywhere.

Any other advices on how to find these numbers, or again, anyone have a list they can share with me. I only need the Top five companies in the expediting industry.

Thanks RT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A more recent (Feb, 2011) article about this is in Expedite NOW magazine, entitled "CSA Made Easy: You are a Sitting Duck".

The link to the FMCSA SMS Results page is cited in the article but when I tried it a few minutes ago I got a server error. This link will also take you to the page. But trying this, just now, I get the same server error when I try to look up SMS scores. Give it time. They'll get it fixed.

When the FMCSA site is working, you can use a carrier's DOT number to view its SMS scores. Here are the DOT numbers for the top five expedite carriers, ranked by the number of power units listed on the SMS site.

FedEx Custom Critical: 164025

Panther: 500737

Tri-State: 244311

Express-1: 460019

Landstar Express America: 438639

For carriers not listed above, you can get their DOT numbers by typing their names into the box on this site.

Last edited:

TeaDance

Active Expediter
Thanks Phil,
I too tried the web-site earlier today and it must be down.
Now is your blog down, I enjoy reading it everyday and miss reading it over the past few days...maybe I'm addicted...lol

Rich T

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I just checked and the blog is up. I'm behind a few days in blog entries but the page itself works.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Does anyone here have a list of MC numbers so I can calculate this into my decision of who I want to drive for. I'm only interested in the Top 5 companies.
Thanks for the helpRT

Have you completed your research, TeaDance? What observations did you make? What conclusions did you reach?