Shower / bathroom in Sleeper?

Benzoid

Seasoned Expediter
Hi guys/gals,

Just wondering about something. I see a lot of Hino Trucks on the "find trucks" section that have a bathroom / shower in the sleeper. I'm wondering where does the water come from? and where does the "black water" go? Is it just like an RV setup? or is it something else?

I'm not an Expediter yet (if ever) but am very interested in the subject.

-Mike

moose

Veteran Expediter
Hi , Mike.
I'm sorry to here that ...( Im not en expediter yet ,if ever ...)

yes we have a new hino with a AA sleeper. , shower ,sink, toilet ... the whole deal.
ICT also make dose , and so is bentz (as far as i know )
they will install the sleeper at any truck of your choice , and in some cases it will fit in a truck with a 5th wheel for about the same wight and wheel base !
the AA sleeper is made in Ft. worth , just dont call them this week end , they are moving to a new location.
the AA , have the largest holding tank , it is under the bunk ,next to the large water heater ,and supply fresh water to the shower and the sink.,
the used water from the shower and the sink are not being collected ,(AkA ,if im taking a shower when my Co. Driver is driving down the road , well i just hope all motorcycles are keeping a nice following distance...)
we use the water at the fuel island for fill up , and adding something to keep the water fresh , we are going to install an under sink filter soon.
the toilet have a separate fresh water holding tank that hold 15 liters (i miss that word...) , and the collections tank hold 19.3 Liters .
as it get fill , we look at RVdump.com , for a locations in rout , and , well dump . it is very clean , we add. a blue liquid that we buy at walmart along with a spacial toilet paper that dissolved in the holding tank.and keep the truck smell nice.
it is a great life style , and i think you will see it becoming more common in trucks.

now go and get one !

Moose.

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Regarding filling water tanks,the main place to get water for custom sleepers and busses is at Flying J's. But, There's a kicker here, don't fuel up front. Use the truck fuel islands to fuel with a truck nozzle and faster pumps. The water at J Birds is usually labeled good, one is fresh water, the other is Non-potable water (slightly treated, but not much) for toilets. If you design a system, be sure to route sink and shower water out of the fresh water tank. Have a seperate tank for toilet water. Or, just have one "Fresh" water tank. Use filters for sink and shower. U can get water many places, J Birds are the easiest for fueling reasons and/or convienence. Large and plenty of room. Be sure to heat that water tank somehow during winter, Or at the very least insulate the area well where you have your water tank... or you will have ice come out of the pipes if you get in a cold climate for long enough. Between custom trucks and busses I know more about water plumbing on moving vehicles than I really want to know. You can install an electric dump valve on your toilet tank to make it easier to dump, and install the switch for it by the driver seat, but not ina place where it can be easily bumped open - trust me, you don't want that - so think Very VERY carefully on it's placement. And install the dump on the passenger side, Just think dark Entrance ramp and you'll understand. Be sure you have plenty of flex hose to dump at dump stations, atleast 15 to 20 feet. One more thing to get at wal-mart, latex/rubber gloves (plenty of them), because if you ever have to fish... say a soda can... out of a black water tank outlet area... then you'll really be wanting those gloves.

BigBusBob