Should I Take The Leap?

intransit

Seasoned Expediter
Do you realize it is the same thing when you own your own vehicle and lease on with someone? It is the nature of the business, freight goes from point A to point B and you have to do it the way the customer wants.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app
Hmm never thought of it that way-- I guess you only really get freedom if you're your own carrier, huh?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hmm never thought of it that way-- I guess you only really get freedom if you're your own carrier, huh?

Even then you are still a slave to the customer. Every step you take to gain more control will give you more freedom in one area but cause less in another. We are in a service industry and aren't that much different than a waiter or waitress with nagging cheap customers to take care of.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even then you are still a slave to the

customer. Every step you take to gain more control will give you more freedom in one area but cause less in another. We are in a service industry and aren't that much different than a waiter or waitress with nagging cheap customers to take care of.

In this business, when they tell you to jump; just ask them "how high." You'll do very well, lol.