1. Expedite Expo The Expedite Expo 2017 is coming this July 14 - 15 to Lexington, Kentucky exclusively for those in the expedite trucking industry. The ONLY exclusively expediting trade show has a new format and will be more focused than ever before. New exhibits, trucks, demonstrations, networking sessions, educational workshops and the Expediter of the Year event will ensure that your time spent will make you a better driver. Don’t miss this once a year event! July 14 - 15, 2017 at the Lexington Center. REGISTER NOW!
    Dismiss Notice

Should I form an LLC and other questions

Discussion in 'Business Tips and Taxes' started by zanico, May 9, 2017.

1. zanico

zanico Expert Expediter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Trying to get all my ducks in a row before I dive into this. I have the equipment part narrowed done, now I need opinions on the legal business side. As an owner/operator should I form an LLC to keep the business separate from my personal finances or is that unnecessary? Also, should I talk to a CPA now, before I start, or wait until closer to tax time? I know there are things I'm not thinking of, so any other help would be appreciated.

2. Ragman
    EO4ME

Ragman Veteran Expediter Driver

Ratings:
    +12,293 / 9 / -2
    Vehicle:
    Straight truck
    You should have been talking to a cpa and a lawyer from the beginning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. roadeyes

roadeyes Veteran Expediter Charter Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    What you are going to be driving may have a bearing on whether or not incorporating will be beneficial to you.