Short engine block

Ibrahim chukadze

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi everyone , I got 2008 dodge sprinter 2500 3.0l diesel engine , looking to buy short engine block please let me know if any one have it or knows where to get it thank you !!

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Dodge dealer probably, but why not go with a long block, heads and all, or call around the wrecking yards to find a used take out motor, or does Japan do low mile take outs anymore?, did that on a Mazda B2600 once and saved a ton, motor was complete and like new.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dodge dealer probably, but why not go with a long block, heads and all, or call around the wrecking yards to find a used take out motor, or does Japan do low mile take outs anymore?, did that on a Mazda B2600 once and saved a ton, motor was complete and like new.
Japan low mile take outs? Please elaborate?

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Japan has strict emission laws whereby they require the motor replaced at what we would consider low miles. Used to be like 40k miles or less. Google shows many importers, here is one; Used Japanese Engines | Buy low mileage Japanese Engines online.
Original post asked about Dodge Sprinters. All Sprinters whether they be Mercedes, Dodge or Freighter have Mercedes engines. All of them.

I believe the link shows only Japanese manufactures .... ?

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app