Shootings in Michigan near I-96 stay alert

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Foxnews Some one is shooting at vehicles in Michigan most have been shot near I-96 there have been at least 24 shootings the latest happened today. This shooting is the first where the person was injured.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Re: Highway shootings in Michigan stay alert

Foxnews Some one is shooting at vehicles in Michigan most have been shot on I-96 there have been at least 24 shootings the latest happened today. This shooting is the first where the person was injured.

Storms in the Northeast, shootings in Michigan; people who live and work in one place don't read the news with the same attention expediters do. Here's the Fox News story on the Michigan shootings.

Suspect sketch and vehicle descriptions here

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
From Wood Tv 8 Grand Rapids Mi. :

46-year-old Delton man, on his way to Game 3 of the World Series in Detroit, was shot along I-96 Saturday afternoon in what may be connected to a series of sniper shootings in the past few weeks.

Authorities say the man, driving east on I-96 near the Ingham County line and a weigh station, was struck by something fired from an unknown location. The vehicle was struck in the driver's side door.

The driver is a 46-year-old male from Delton and was hit in the left buttock area.

The driver went to a gas station for help after the shooting, and authorities said he is doing well and intends to go to Game 3 of the World Series. He is currently at Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital and is in good condition.

Earlier in the day around 11:52 a.m., Livingston County deputies say a vehicle going eastbound on I-96 was hit in the driver side rear window and the object went through that window and the passenger rear window.

The two people in the car, an 18-year-old male from Canton and his passenger, an 18-year-old woman from Plymouth, were not injured.

Michigan State Police and Livingston Sheriff Department closed down westbound I-96 starting at the Fowlerville Road exit Saturday afternoon to search for evidence in the shootings. Police helicopters are aiding in the search.

There is a $12,000 reward being offered as 70 investigators from local and state agencies work to catch the suspect.

Shots have been fired on at least 24 cars since Oct. 16. Most of the shootings involved cars near I-96. No injuries were reported before Saturday, and this is the first incident since Oct. 18.

Based on reports, authorities said the gunman appears to be a man in his 30s.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I was just down that road Tuesday......may have to consider ALT Routes till this is cleared...parked in Detroit the other nite right downtown near the post office I hear Automatic gunfire and lots of it, made me wonder what was occurring but gunfire sounds in Michigan is almost commonplace, but this is quite worriesome, keep low folks...

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I was through there today. Hmmm good god. I just delivered in melrose park,il and there was shots with 100 yards of where I was at. Never going back.

osumike33

Seasoned Expediter
From Wood Tv 8 Grand Rapids Mi. :

46-year-old Delton man, on his way to Game 3 of the World Series in Detroit, was shot along I-96 Saturday afternoon in what may be connected to a series of sniper shootings in the past few weeks.

Authorities say the man, driving east on I-96 near the Ingham County line and a weigh station, was struck by something fired from an unknown location. The vehicle was struck in the driver's side door.

The driver is a 46-year-old male from Delton and was hit in the left buttock area.

The driver went to a gas station for help after the shooting, and authorities said he is doing well and intends to go to Game 3 of the World Series. He is currently at Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital and is in good condition.

Earlier in the day around 11:52 a.m., Livingston County deputies say a vehicle going eastbound on I-96 was hit in the driver side rear window and the object went through that window and the passenger rear window.

The two people in the car, an 18-year-old male from Canton and his passenger, an 18-year-old woman from Plymouth, were not injured.

Michigan State Police and Livingston Sheriff Department closed down westbound I-96 starting at the Fowlerville Road exit Saturday afternoon to search for evidence in the shootings. Police helicopters are aiding in the search.

There is a $12,000 reward being offered as 70 investigators from local and state agencies work to catch the suspect.

Shots have been fired on at least 24 cars since Oct. 16. Most of the shootings involved cars near I-96. No injuries were reported before Saturday, and this is the first incident since Oct. 18.

Based on reports, authorities said the gunman appears to be a man in his 30s.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

Jeez, guy gets shot and his (likely) team gets shut out and goes down 3-0 in the World Series....NOT a good day.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
I musta miss read your post cuz i thought you were confused cuz i took you say "gose down" as they were down and out lol are you watchin game 4 ... and on the shooting the person from canton lives next door to a buddy of mine from high school

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was just down that road Tuesday......may have to consider ALT Routes till this is cleared...parked in Detroit the other nite right downtown near the post office I hear Automatic gunfire and lots of it, made me wonder what was occurring but gunfire sounds in Michigan is almost commonplace, but this is quite worriesome, keep low folks...

So you slept in downtown Detroit in your truck?.. sounds like a adventure

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Down town usually isnt bad its the outlaying that is ... i love down town detroit

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not only do I live not far from this area (and no Im not the shooter) but have been running thru there a quite few times in the past week or so and there is a heavy police force in the area working on this..

Watch your speed and check all your marker lights..LOL

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I stayed right behind the post office right on the street next to the river, it was pleasant and quiet until the MACHINE GUN FIRE woke me up....YIKES...The area was pretty clean and there was a large grass lot that I wandered around in right up to the river, then got stuck waiting for the Unload...night came and it was pretty calm, I actually met two of the gals from the series PARKING WARS who were going around the area and they said it was a decent area, Im not sure where the gun play was but there was a short war and quite a few shots, then sirens and sirens and SILENCE....In Dayton I drove to my drop and was greeted by at least 10 Ladies of the night and associated charachters standing behind trees and buildings, a cop comes along and pulls up and says YOU WERENT GOING TO SLEEP HERE RIGHT, absolutely not Officer the trees have eyes....and I drove off, Next day at the drop the guy unloading me says they stole the Police cars right off there lot, and vandalized the Police station so badly its barricaded behind wires and it looked like the cars were all wrecked and spray painted....ah Urban Life !!!