Shakespeare all the lawyers

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
Coming down I-65 from Chicago, there are a few billboards of the sue-a-trucker variety, except they say "Delivery truck accident?" with a picture of a Sprinter.

Lawyers ruin everything.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Perhaps, at least until you need one. Your reference to all the lawyers might come from the "First, get rid of all the lawyers" quote, which many now use because they think all lawyers are bad and should be gotten rid of. It wasn't because lawyers were bad, quite the opposite. That was when ancient leaders were trying to set up a dictatorship and take away individual liberties of the common people. In order to get away with it, they knew that they would have to "first, get rid of all the lawyers." They are nice to have around when your rights need to be protected. Having said that, I agree with your thought that litigation has gone nuts in this country, and raises the cost of business, which then raises the cost for everything to all of us. It's the frivilous litigation that offends. The amount of advertising is tiresome, and I'm not sure it shines a good light on the profession or creates a cloud over it.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe we could get rid of all the ones with an ACLU membership.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
To many chase the truckers.....
If you drive a truck and even if your not at fault you get cited for the accident and points on your dac.

DeanPaladin

New Recruit
Driver
Those billboards can be quite eye-catching, and the "sue-a-trucker" ones are no exception. It's true that lawyers and their advertisements are everywhere these days, and sometimes it can feel overwhelming.