settlements

TeamCozumel

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone know of a way to get settlement summaries from Fedex in a format other than pdf via the extranet? Excel format would be nice, along with an option for a specific time period. It would help streamline our accounting process. Already tried a phone call with little help.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Can you give a little more details of what it is you are wanting or what the ultimate goal is? Bad part it I think it would require a IT solution and anymore that it a BAD word.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Anyone I've heard talk about something similar, ended up just manually copying the numbers into their own spreadsheet.

Dale

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That is what I have been doing for 6 years! Copied the figures to Quicken categories

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I presume that settlement information is in a centralized database before it finds it way into individualized .pdf flies. How hard could it be to make the same information available for spreadsheets by putting it also in .csv format?

For those of us who use spreadsheets, and for accountants who serve expediters, .csv settlement files would be greatly appreciated.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The question that IT looks at is how will this directly benefit FCC?

From what we have been told IT is way behind and stressed to the Max to maintain what they need to do to keep all of the FedEx families happy.

One suggestion I would like to see happen is to quit having the settlement sheets mailed to our house. When we get home we have a huge stack of them that end up in the trash can.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One suggestion I would like to see happen is to quit having the settlement sheets mailed to our house. When we get home we have a huge stack of them that end up in the trash can.

Along with that a reduction in qc fee back to $30 for those who go paperless since we're saving them a lot of money on paper, toner, postage, payroll etc. by going paperless.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Along with that a reduction in qc fee back to $30 for those who go paperless since we're saving them a lot of money on paper, toner, postage, payroll etc. by going paperless.
I like your idea. But how much do you wanna bet it will never happen?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I like your idea. But how much do you wanna bet it will never happen?

Never is a long time. We tend to forget about the positive changes that get made as time goes by. Remember when the settlements were far less user friendly than they are now? Remember when we did not have the great TA fuel discount we have now?

I am not holding my breath for settlement statements being made available in a format that is spreadsheet and database friendly, but I would not rule it out either.

So too with an opt-out option for paper settlement statements. That might actually happen because of the cost advantages that would accrue to the carrier, but institutional inertia would first have to be overcome.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Never is a long time. We tend to forget about the positive changes that get made as time goes by. Remember when the settlements were far less user friendly than they are now? Remember when we did not have the great TA fuel discount we have now?

I am not holding my breath for settlement statements being made available in a format that is spreadsheet and database friendly, but I would not rule it out either.

So too with an opt-out option for paper settlement statements. That might actually happen because of the cost advantages that would accrue to the carrier, but institutional inertia would first have to be overcome.

I was referring to the cost of the c-link going down. But I agree with you, eventually, the paper statements might go away.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Being able to opt our of receiving a paper settlement sheet seems much more feasabile then having IT make a format change.

Council discussed with settlements at our last meeting of having the option to go paperless and this can be discussed again.

We can bring up a format change but... It is a possibility if the change could happen along with another change.

Qual Comm costs as Jason likes to say "Has been heard loud and clear!"