scat code

ramse5

Expert Expediter
Hello all. I hope someone can help me. I was told that I needed a scat code. I called Department of transportation, Department of Commerce, and the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. All I can come up with is a scac code. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you would be more specific in your post you may get better help. If you would say what you need this code for (land, ari, sea) and if you could tell us who told you – you need this code, we could or I could help you. There are different aspects of transportation and you will need to find the one that applies to you. Your times must be all screwed up for someone to tell you need scats. If you go to the USDOT web site you will find what you need. I still can’t figure out why you need this code?

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The auto plants require it many times, especially Ford. I "we" who lease get the four letter code from our carrier. I'm not sure where someone with their own authority would get one though.
-Weave-

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you lease, your carrier has the code. If you have your own authority, the DOT assigned you a SCAT code that you should have. You see them on the back of many trailers, for instance JB Hunt's is JBHZ. It's mainly used for reference at auto plants.
-Weave-

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
the code is called a scac. They come from the national motor freight traffic association inc. phone # is 703-838-1810. it is called certificate of standard alpha code (scac). call them and they will explain it to you. it is too long to explain it all here.