Scale house saved us

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Today we were on our way into IL from WI. We had to pull into a scale house. It took us about 30 seconds to be able to safely get back into traffic. Which turned out to be a good thing.

There had been a shootout with the FBI at a bank. Had we not stopped we would have been there as it happened. And if the pole had not stopped the car, we could have been hit.
When we approached the scene we were stopped behind another truck and a car. The FBI gents pulled a suspect from the car and arrested him. After the second swarm of undercover cars pulled in, we were directed by officers to proceed so they could shut down the road and do their thing.

Here is a link to the story.

http://wgntv.com/2013/05/10/fbi-agent-shoots-suspect-at-richmond-bank/

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The fun, exciting, and scary part of being out on the road.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats a 1 good storry out of 100,000,000 bad when it comes to scales.

Bob Wolf.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Friday we were at a wawa just west of reading, pa when we noticed police everywhere and roads all blocked. Then a knock on the door. Some one had found what appeared to be a pipe bomb next to a tanker that was parked in the lot along with us and no one else. So we had to move of course. Followed up and found out it was a false alarm. Quite a lot of excitement though.

moose

Veteran Expediter
. Had we not stopped we would have been there as it happened.
this is a great argument against speed limiters.
the faster you drive- the less time you spent on the road- the less chance you have to be involved in an accident!
{or get a speeding ticket for that matters...}