S.E. Michigan Team, Looking.

N8IWS484

Seasoned Expediter
Greetings All,

I've been reading here for a while. Expediting looks better than what I experianced driving for Swift. My partner who wants to run as a Team, got the same load of B.S. from Werner. So, we are both home now in Wayne County, S.E. Michigan and want to be based from here. DaveKC has contacted us from here, but we have some more questions to field.

Here is our plan, drive as a team. We both are used to running hard, keep the truck moving except for time for fuel, food, showers and laundry. We are looking to eventually go solo, get our own trucks under the same LLC. We have a place to park, service and maintain trucks, both of us are mechanics, I am certified for all of the DOT inspections as I used to work for FX, on the express side.

We want to talk to everyone that will keep us based in Michigan, but can't afford to purchase our own rig at this time, give us a chance to run as drivers. We have been looking for local work, all hit and miss here in Michigan right now. I hope to hold out till the expedite show to gather more info but money is getting short.

I've read that there are some upfront costs with some companies, how much and what are they for? I see some outfits charge for everything, Qualcomm, radio use, and some want you to supply everything else for communications. I use a cell phone and can adapt my plan to my area of operation. But the long distance doesn't cover as well as I would like, 9:00 PM is my free time and most everyone is closed or sleeping.

After we have both have been lied to from our previous employers, is this the same way here? Every recruiter we have had the misfourtune to hear the corporate "big picture" lie just to get you to sign on, we would rather become owner op and have the option to select who is the most consistant with what we have been told. Stevens Transport, Swift, Werner, TMC, C.R. England all had recruiters coming in where we got our "A" license training from. One thing we can offer is reliability, honesty, and a solid committment we will do our job.

I have a resume available via email if needed.

Hoping to get back to work soon. Thanks in advance for all of the sage advice from the seasoned veterans reading here.