Running East Coast

G

I always run the midwest. Am home now in PA. Getting ready to go back out tommorrow. Can anyone tell me how good it is running the east coast? Is there alot of freight or is it a waste of time? Should I just head back to the Mid West? Or do you think I can pull some good freight out of PA? I would appreciate everyones opinion Thanks!!!

G

There are some companies that pay a "premium" if you run the East coast. I could make 1.75 a mile out of any of the boroughs of NY. We had loads of small loads there too.

I say if you are to afraid to drive the east coast....you're in the wrong business. Time to go back to JB Hunt.

Just my opinion.

X

G

Excellent Question!

I'd be interested in hearing from our brothers out there:

1. Top 3 States (in order, high to low) for freight pick-up
2. Top 3 States (in order, high to low) for delivery
3. Average run length (paid, dispatch miles)
4. Who you're leased to

Rams Fan

G

Not afraid of east coast lived here all my life. Just new to expediting. This is only going to be my 2nd time out. I left from my orientation back in early Nov and stayed out till x-mas. But during that time I never got to run the east coast, only ran midwest and canada.I just want to know how the freight is in PA. So when I go back out tommorrow I have some type f indicator as to how hard it is to get a load outof here.

G

xpediter could you give me a hint as to whwre to find those 1.75 loads in NYC? I'm from Atlanta and do not know where to find the work there. Rhank you.

G

hey expediter i dont think the guy is afraid to run the east coast he just needs inf on it that remark about jb hunt had nothing to do whit the question remember there always going to be someone smarter that you or me good luck.

G

Hey, with expedite there's only one answer. . . try staying in Pa & see what happens! Since it's your home base it just makes sense to try it & see if the runs get offered to you. It sure beats the thought of dead-heading "out" to sit & wait for a run. You might try talking to your dispatch about it (not that you shoulod believe everything they'll tell ya } but, you're new & it's just good politicking to ask them their opinion.

G

We have always played the sit and wait game when heading into the east coast, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Give ourself at least the "business day" before we bonus out always seems to make us feel like we have tried our best. We have gotten loads out of Newark NJ, PA, MD, and DE. If it's you home base, and you work for TriState, give truck movement a call when you are thinking about leaving, and ask them what kind of freight is moving, they have always been quite good with the information and suggestions for us. Good Luck.