Romeoville

ihamner

Expert Expediter
If you are spending some time before a p/u in Romeoville, IL we finally found a great place to park while we are waiting for p/u. About 2 miles south of the p/u (on Webber) there is a Jewel Grocery store. There is a lot of parking and the store is amazing. They have the best selection of fresh salads in their deli. Also they have a bakery. AND they have a Redbox right at the front of the store. You can rent a current movie for $1.00. In a big city it is not always easy to find good parking so we are always thrilled to find a place where we are welcome.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
if your south on 55,same exit for the old 76 truck stop,only go north instead of south,there is a mall on your right.good place to park,and has resturants and such

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
Speaking of Romeoville . . . I'm a hometown girl. If you're ever in the Chicago area, or just passing through, the new I-355 Extension was completed around Thanksgiving time. It is not on your GPS yet - it is however on your 2008 Rand McNally Mapbook.

I-355 now goes from I-55 (where it used to end) straight thru to I-80. So, forget the construction on I-294 or the continual backups on I-94/I-90 (Dan Ryan/Kennedy/Edens). It also connects to I-90 headed toward Rockford. If you take it all the way north, it ends at Lake/Cook Road, exit east and it will run into I-294 in just about 10 minutes.

The new I-355 extension makes it minutes getting in an out of Romeoville, instead of hours.

Hope this helps!

Mypie