Rigs, Sleepers, and More

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Simple Question...
Cost of a nice rig, not a "New" rig, a "Nice" Rig.

Either 18 wheeler, or Straight truck.
Preferably an 84" to 96" sleeper... or other custom size...
But somethin' larger than a typical 72" sleeper.
Preferably with a plumbing system (shower and toilet).
Generator. Big Inverter.
Walk-Thru to sleeper a must since I'm 6 foot tall.

Does not totally matter make of truck, year of truck, or model.
Just looking for ballpark figure to crunch how much down I'd need.
Don't worry about credit, or too many other things.

Just looking for ballpark figure and will take thread on from there depending on info I recieve.

Looking at Volvo 770's, Freightliner's, and Internationals, would consider the right KW. Detroits or Cats.

Ok, lets see what happens.
Thanks, BigBusBob.

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
get a 18 wheeler if expedite isn't for you or it keeps going down hill you will have other options!

good luck

Alvin

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Just a quick note on volvo sleepers, the 77 in the 770 means 77 inches from the back of the driver seat to the rear of the sleeper, same as 66 in 660 and 61 in the 610's, thougth that might help.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
4-5 Year old with a Bentz Sleeper with an APU close to $42K, forget the shower the toilet can be purchased at any sports store. Better yet just go inside the Rest Area.... Strictly BALLPARK....

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Good to know, good posts so far.
Was on a site called Shelbyelliot.net, saw his dealership advertising in The Truck Paper and he's got alot of rigs with custom sleepers - all used trucks with somewhat higher mileages, I guess those big custom sleepers generally mean it was used by a team - which is gonna mean higher mileages.

The thought crossed my mind for 2007 of gettin' a small mid-roof sleeper and strethin' the frame and puttin' a 100" sleeper on behind it. The Stoops SST100's I like, but they're very pricey.
I'm still toying with idea's though.
I've seen a couple decent T600 KW's with custom sleepers.
I wouldn't want anything much over 96 to 100" long.

Hopeful I can be rollin' good before the month is out, as I have land purchases I plan to make in SC.
Figure I'll buy the land and live in the truck to start.
Just gotta get water, electric, and septic put in and I'll be set.
I live on the road for about 8 months out of year anyways.
Still lookin' for that right O/O with a decent rig who also pays attention to the driver. That's very rare I've found out.
Bob.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A handful of dealers advertise expediting trucks on the EO site. Try calling them and asking about the used units they have on their lots right now. That should give you the ballpark range you seek.