Revenue figures from FedexCC Accurate?

deadice

Seasoned Expediter
I have been in contact with a Fedex recruiter the last while, he gave me these numbers as average revenues for solo o/o's. This is for a "b" unit? 08 Peterbilt 335 (34000#)

It seems like a good deal, but seeing some threads here for <75c/m loads, i'm not to sure. here is what he sent :

Today 6/2/2008
Miles Per Year 62,908 Miles Revenue
Average Per Mile Loaded $2.34 50% 31,454 $73,602
Deadhead $.20 + Fuel Surcharge $0.59 24% 15,098 $8,908
Unauthorized Miles $0.00 26% 16,356 $0
Total Revenue 100% 62,908 $82,510
Average Per Mile All Miles $1.31

Now keep in mind, i have my lease, insurance, then fuel, tolls,maintanance, etc... on top of that $82510. are other fedex o/o's seeing similar numbers? i dont want to leave the company i am with now if i end up bringing in less $$. that 2.34/loaded mile is a lot different than <75c/mile!

thanks.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Excuse me, but a "B" is a Cargo Van or a Sprinter. A "E" is a Tractor which would seem to be the figures quoted.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Your unit is a 'D' unit deadice.
These numbers look the same as what we were sent many months ago, before the drop in freight and rates.
That said, these numbers looked pretty slim at that time, I'm sure you could have averaged better than their stated average.
But currently, their averages are probably much different, and you also can't compare your potential to the American drivers, becuz of the cabotage rules.
It'd be great if you could get some names of Canadian drivers who are leased on with FECC to ask them about their experiences with the company. I wonder if the recruiter would give you some names of others?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
pjjjjjjjj,don't you think that the Canadian drivers will see plenty of business after Ontario and Quebec start enforcing the speed limiter laws? Gonna be a lot of border transfers going on.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Knowledge is power. Not that I have any, but before you Americans get your knickers all twisted, and 'just say no' and rip that atlas page out, you should check out how to comply without affecting your truck in a permanent, unchangeable way. I am sure there will be a rather simple and relatively inexpensive way to comply while in ON, which will be able to be changed easily when you leave.

I'm no techie.. but I've heard something along the lines of.. you already have a satellite.. your satellite hooked up to your ecm, can tell when you enter and exit an area, can put a limiter on your speed while in that area.. does that sound too twilite-zone-ish to be a reality?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Knowledge is power. Not that I have any, but before you Americans get your knickers all twisted, and 'just say no' and rip that atlas page out, you should check out how to comply without affecting your truck in a permanent, unchangeable way. I am sure there will be a rather simple and relatively inexpensive way to comply while in ON, which will be able to be changed easily when you leave.

I'm no techie.. but I've heard something along the lines of.. you already have a satellite.. your satellite hooked up to your ecm, can tell when you enter and exit an area, can put a limiter on your speed while in that area.. does that sound too twilite-zone-ish to be a reality?

I don't know about twilight zonish,but it does sound a bit like big brother is watching.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I don't know about twilight zonish,but it does sound a bit like big brother is watching.

Big Brother is already watching, but now he will also be babysitting. Big Brother is everywhere.. license plates.. debit cards.. SSI.. employment.. property taxes.. phone records.. ip addresses.. driver licenses.. credit cards.. satellite tracking.. tax returns.. highway cameras.. I just don't think this thing is going to be as horrible to put up with as many are thinking, not worth cutting off a potential source of revenue if it has served you well enough in the past.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
not worth cutting off a potential source of revenue if it has served you well enough in the past.

We have done well with the Canadian loads this year,(been there 29 times thus far) and really don't want to stop going there.

But until they come up with a cheap and easy way to change the ECM we don't have have much choice about the situation.

Our truck does not shift into 6th gear until 67 mph so if we cut back the speed we would be limited to only 5 speeds everywhere.

We are just gonna play it by ear,and see if any options are available after they start enforcing the new law.

deadice

Seasoned Expediter
Your unit is a 'D' unit deadice.

I was just taking a stab in the dark, I have not heard many drivers around here refer to units like that :eek:.

Anyways, seeing some of the other threads here, a lot of US drivers w/FedEx CC are complaining of less than 75c/mile loads. What I have not been able to determine is if this is the standard rate for loads now (contrary to recruiters figures), or just cheap freight to get re-located to a better area.

If this is Fedex's standard-ish rate, I am probably better off where I am now.

The company I am with now, although not the best, has still got me a full truck even up to my last run the other day! Coming back to Canada I am usually running pretty empty depending on where I am in the US. This last run I was in Pittsburgh, I only brought back one pallet paying about $225 (before all costs).:mad:

NYC has been very good when I have been out there, but they dont send me out there much...

At least fuel is getting cheaper now!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
The complaining about less than 75 cent loads is the B units, or vans. However, that stops Jan 12..

E Units (tractors) still get higher rates.

Dale

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
The complaining about less than 75 cent loads is the B units, or vans. However, that stops Jan 12..

E Units (tractors) still get higher rates.

Dale

Hold the phone there Dale,those less than 75 cent loads are making it to the C and D units and all too frequently.

We have been known to take some cheap loads to get out of a bad area,but you gotta draw the line somewhere and as for us 75 cpm is well below the line.

We had a load "opportunity" a couple of weeks ago with a 275 dh and all miles it came out to 54 cpm.:eek: