Revenue 1992 va 2013

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I totaled up 15 consecutive runs in Sept 1992. Result $4450. Then I totaled 15 for Sept 2013. Result $4273.

I ran the CPI( Consumer price Index) and found out that 1992 dollars of $4450 should be $12,630.

I won`t comment farther. The figures speak volumes.

This is for a "B" unit. 1992 Van cost $16K, 2013 Cost $32K.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep, and it is not getting any better. Rates continue to slide as the cost of doing business keeps going up. NOT good. Something as to give.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I hope you invested well, in 1992, while you were cleaning up.

Today, just cut your expenses.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It would be interesting to see all the paperwork for those runs to see what the total numbers look like. Did you do any other years in between?

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It would be interesting to see all the paperwork for those runs to see what the total numbers look like. Did you do any other years in between?
The years in between would have been in a "C" I wanted both 15 runs to be in a "B".

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
I have looked at my run data from 2008, same runs and customers as today. Many runs that used to pay $4700 back then now pay $3600 gross. I have loaded them into spread sheets for comparison. It is what it is....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Keep cutting rates, dinging drivers who won't take the slave wage rates, it's a VERY BAD cycle. A DOWNWARD cycle. This is NOT how you maintain quality drivers/teams or equipment. This is a recipe for pushing them away.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
I am surface E unit. I don't expect w/g rates but if I am doing a secure load, or a hazmat load I expect to be compensated differently than a load that you just bump the dock on both ends. Since day 1 we have strived to have all qualifications (except DOD) and have 100% pickup and deliver! Our out of service time is very low- our truck and fedex trailer always clean and will easily pass dot inspection. I want to be WG - to me it's a promotion and feel we have proven our worth but they aren't taking anymore units. Oh but a person with no experience can be WG if they drive for a truck already in the fleet. UGH!

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I am surface E unit. I don't expect w/g rates but if I am doing a secure load, or a hazmat load I expect to be compensated differently than a load that you just bump the dock on both ends. Since day 1 we have strived to have all qualifications (except DOD) and have 100% pickup and deliver! Our out of service time is very low- our truck and fedex trailer always clean and will easily pass dot inspection. I want to be WG - to me it's a promotion and feel we have proven our worth but they aren't taking anymore units. Oh but a person with no experience can be WG if they drive for a truck already in the fleet. UGH!

FEDEXCC has recently advertised on this WEBSITE for TT drivers to go immediately in the WG Division pulling reefers...did you not contact you CC about WG?

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Guess my best response is "tried it back in June and for multiple reasons it didn't work out" and also your not really WG- just a reefer that is there for a few specific customers.