Risky Business Response to The Multi Carrier Driver Push thread : Risky Business

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
I've been following the rather lengthy thread “The Multi Carrier Driver Push” on E.O., as were 3,791 other people if the count is correct. I always hesitate to chime in on threads, simply because I rarely have the time to stay on top of the communication and continue conversations.

If you’ll all indulge me, I’d like to take this opportunity here to give my opinion on the challenges of the “Multi” Insurance model and what we're all seeing play out:

READ MORE...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't know about Allstate, but I do know you're "in good hands" with Shelly. [And her husband John, lol]
We are lucky to have an agent who can make some sense out of the insurance industry for us, and takes the time to share it.
Thanks, Shelly & John.

MLTransCorp

Rookie Expediter
I've been following the rather lengthy thread “The Multi Carrier Driver Push” on E.O., as were 3,791 other people if the count is correct. I always hesitate to chime in on threads, simply because I rarely have the time to stay on top of the communication and continue conversations.

If you’ll all indulge me, I’d like to take this opportunity here to give my opinion on the challenges of the “Multi” Insurance model and what we're all seeing play out:

READ MORE...

I hope I have the correct profile to post this question to, and if not will someone with more experience on this forum get it to the correct place. We have our own authority MC 514847C And USDOT 133529. it is currently non active because we did not have trailers for our power units when our last lease was terminated, However, since we now have coverage through Progressive, and I just completed a request for Motor Carrier Truck Cargo Insurance, giving the current vin numbers for each vehicle, and cargo value numbers, during the quote process, I selected liability, and comprehensive, and collision, it came back with a quote, through Progressive, almost to the dollar, as our current renewal fee. My agent, and another agent, the one that handles the Company we are leased to, told me it would be about 3,000 more to add Cargo insurance to my present coverage. If Shelly, or John can check my present Progressive policy, I need the correct language, and filings to reinstate our authority. It is 80.00 to reinstate with FMCSA. I know there are some additional fees for Progressive to process the required filings with FMCSA. But that is cheaper than paying for coverage I think I already have.
Thank You
Ken

sent from S4 using EO

Last edited: